New LED headlamps

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
My son brought a present with him today, he bought me some LED headlamps and we put them in. I'm sure there are threads here that tell how to do this, but I thought I'd document what we did. Changing the left headlamp (the right one in the pics) was pretty easy. There was sufficient room behind it to take the cap off and wiggle out the halogen headlamp, then put the new one in place. Here is a picture of the box:

Jeep Gladiator New LED headlamps 20210425_142930

Jeep Gladiator New LED headlamps 20210425_142937

The top bulb is the one I replaced on the left side, and the bottom one is the new LED that will go in the right side (left in pic). Here is a comparison of the brightness of the bulbs next to each other:

Jeep Gladiator New LED headlamps 20210425_125156

Quite a difference. Getting to the other one wasn't as easy though, the air filter housing was in the way. After looking at some youtube videos, I removed the grill which was quite easy:

Jeep Gladiator New LED headlamps 20210425_140030(1)

From here, it was really easy. 3 bolts held in the lamp housing, and it comes out easily enough to remove the old headlamp and install the new one.

Jeep Gladiator New LED headlamps 20210425_151109

Pop the grill back on, and it's a done deal. I can't wait to upgrade the fog lamps and the running lights/turn signals to LED as well.
Sponsored

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
Many led bulbs out there for this. I used the ALLA light store. Just make sure the leds are pointed to the side. They work great and provide much better light than the halogens. Looks good. I have replaced the DRL and fog lights also. All worked great. No codes.

Might need to check your alignment if you get flashed by on coming traffic.

https://allalighting.com/

Sponsored

OP
OP
texanjeeper

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I.T.
I'm pretty sure that they're not obnoxious to oncoming drivers, that Jeep-looking thing in the middle of the headlamp seems to act as a diffuser so I'm hoping that it will be bright but okay to oncoming drivers.

I took her out last night for a drive and the headlamps are terrific.

OP
OP
texanjeeper

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I.T.
The guy across the alley called me over yesterday, he saw me coming and he told me that the LED headlights look badass. I'll be switching out the running lights and fog lights to LED tomorrow.
Sponsored