• Thread starter Deleted member 49171
  • Start date
  • Watchers 7
OP
OP

Deleted member 49171

Here is the official website
https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/
Register for it then you can log in and get a control number.
Screenshot_20220409-085342_Gmail.jpg
I am signed up for Tread Lightly at the $100 level, but it hasn't been 30 days yet.
Will I run into trouble if I generate a control number before the full 30 days has elapsed?

For that matter, the affiliate website hasn't asked for any proof of my Tread Lightly membership before offering to generate a code.
Sponsored

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 grand cherokee
I am signed up for Tread Lightly at the $100 level, but it hasn't been 30 days yet.
Will I run into trouble if I generate a control number before the full 30 days has elapsed?

For that matter, the affiliate website hasn't asked for any proof of my Tread Lightly membership before offering to generate a code.
When your signed up for the affiliate pricing.And put in the tread lightly company code that was your proof. the dealership will ask for a membership letter to submit with your deal paper work with the code. What I would do is offer to put a deposit down on the jeep to hold it till you can hit that thirty day mark. realistically what would happen is the dealer would be the one that wouldn't get reimbursed for you not getting the 30 day mark so if the dealer lets you buy it before then that would be their call to make.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah as long as the dealer gets the control number there should be no issues getting the 1% below invoice on most Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, etc as listed above.
I think everyone is missing the point. A forum sponsor dealer has said it comes and goes, some models not all, etc.
Just because YOU get a control number and give it to the dealership doesn't mean at that day on that hour Jeep will honor it and reimburse the dealer.
The point isn't the dealer says yes (of course without contacting JEEP) or that you get a control number - the point is that the affiliates simply give out the control number to the members, etc. - they have zero clue as to WHICH Jeep model, which LEVEL of that Jeep model you will get or even when you will get it.
This "as long as the dealer gets the control number" is assuming Jeep will honor it on that day for that model, etc.
Yes, it's likely - but when a sponsor here says "the program is coming and going", but ordinary people are saying "yeah, just get a control number" - who is most believable. Someone without a computer connected to FCA, or a sponsor dealer?
Enjoy it while you can because no one has made any guarantees or promises to you and Jeep has the right to not honor a number when they see fit - no matter you got the number - because the affiliates also don't know.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Don't jump on a control number as it has an expiration date - although it's generally MONTHS away....... there is no hurry because it can't be used until you go pay for your Jeep.

mystic330

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD

Yep - You can generate an Affiliate control number on the same day you get your TL membership (there is no 30-day wait to get the number).
The dealer verifies the 30-day requirement by asking for a copy of your TL membership letter.

What I don't know is where that requirement comes from..... ? TL, Dealers, Affiliate program...
(I don't think it's the affiliate program because they let you get a number without any 30-day requirement)....

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yep - You can generate an Affiliate control number on the same day you sign up for TL (there is no 30-day wait to get the number).
The dealer verifies the 30-day requirement by asking for a copy of your TL membership letter.

What I don't know is where that requirement comes from..... ? TL, Dealers, Affiliate program...
(I don't think it's the affiliate program because they let you get a number without any 30-day requirement)....
I got a number before the 30 days, but there's no hurry to get it. You don't need it until you go to the dealer and pay.
I have the instructions from FCA somewhere that mentioned the 30 days. I didn't think about it and generated the number and found out by accident they don't hold you to it - but then saw that the number did have an expiration date (again, out there something like 3 months) and figured, no need to hurry - what if it took 90 days to get the Jeep? Then it would be expired (but then you can generate another number anyway so again, no biggy)

mystic330

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Yep - I got my number on day 2 after my TL membership came through - I was just messing around with the FCA Affiliate website and a couple clicks and bamn, up came my number. I thought for sure it would say "Not active long enough" or similar, but nope, out cranked an affiliate number. That's the same number I used when I purchased the jeep 45 days later.
As I said, the dealer wanted my TL letter (to verify the membership date), but I don't know WHO is actually enforcing that.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Affiliate pricing is optional for dealerships. They do not have to do it (Jeep cannot make them). Due to the current market, a lot of dealerships are doing affiliate pricing because they know they can sell Jeeps with a mark up.

That being said, a lot of them are still willing to do it. You just have to shop around. My dealership would not do it for anything on the lot, but agreed to do it if I ordered my JT.
I ordered mine on 12-1-21 and took delivery on 1-27-22.
They gave me the Tread Lightly Discount and I had zero issues.
This is 100% correct.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
I'm contacting dealerships in Alaska to find the best price on a factory order, and the last dealership I spoke with told me that "Jeep is not doing affiliate or employee pricing at this time."
Is this true, or is this specific dealership just not offering affiliate or employee pricing?

The last dealership I spoke with about the Tread Lightly discount made absolutely no mention of Jeep not offering it.

Anyone know?
My dealership in Albuquerque agreed to the Tread Lightly affiliate pricing (1% below invoice), but my Gladiator is sitting in Toledo waiting to be shipped. So, they could say no when it arrives, but I doubt it.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Don't jump on a control number as it has an expiration date - although it's generally MONTHS away....... there is no hurry because it can't be used until you go pay for your Jeep.
Agreed. There is no need to rush into a deal because you have generated a control number. They can be used for two different vehicle purchases in a one year time frame from when the number is issued.

I just went through all of this a month ago. I received affiliate pricing on my JTM purchase due to my employer. Not to say that it wasn't looked at carefully by my dealer before it was accepted.

It is a correct statement that the dealer can either accept it or not. Not all dealers play the same game. Being that this was our fourth new vehicle purchase in a four year time frame at my dealer, customer loyalty in a small town did play a part. Trade-ins (profit margins) and demand for certain vehicles also dictate whether the 1% below invoice price is in play.

One would assume that Cherokee buyers can expect the red carpet to be rolled out for them! :facepalm:

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They can be used for two different vehicle purchases in a one year time frame from when the number is issued.
Yes, that sounds familiar. It's just too bad no dealers around here accept it. One even pretended to have no idea what it was. Well, maybe they really didn't, but they could have checked.
Thus - Spencer got our money for the 2021 WK2.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
The complications surrounding vehicle purchases today. Times have certainly changed.

I gave up a hard earned $35 for my first car. '64 Rambler Classic 770 sedan 195 inline six with a dead cylinder. Growing up in a Rambler/AMC family, I was proud of that one.

But I digress...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
1964 Rambler Classic 770 287 V8, 3 speed OD, limited slip rear. I worked in a former AMC shop and salvaged an Ambassador 327 intake and 4bbl Holley.
I was 14 when I bought it from the family mechanic (Andy) when Iowa had their inspection law. Wipers didn't work so it didn't pass inspection, he said I had to fix the wipers and get it through inspection and I could buy it. I asked Andy if I could borrow a few tools and his work bench. I had to repair a broken field winding inside the motor, got it working and passed inspection.
I repainted it, didn't mine the turquoise body but the white roof had to change...... painted it black.

Jeep Gladiator No more affiliate pricing? 1650241479196

My second car -

Jeep Gladiator No more affiliate pricing? 68jav-1977

OP
OP

Deleted member 49171

I got my number, and you're right. It's good well into January of next year. So even though the dealer said that factory builds are taking 16-18 weeks, that's still plenty of time.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I got my number, and you're right. It's good well into January of next year. So even though the dealer said that factory builds are taking 16-18 weeks, that's still plenty of time.
They have changed things, apparently.........
When I ordered the 2021 for my wife, I think I signed up in September 2020 for TL. I got the number early Oct 2020 as I recall, it was good until into January 2021 - only 4 or so months out. So I was hoping her Jeep arrived before then, and it did, barely a month from ordering it.
In other words, you are getting many more months than I did. Maybe the ordering and timing situation caused them to rethink the length of time they were valid for.
Sponsored