Sponsored

No wireless Android Auto connection on 2021 Rubicon 8.4" screen ??

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Keeps up fine for ours - at least it doesn't let the phone go dead after a few hours.
I'm not looking for it to go up to 100% while using it, I'm looking for it to not go down to 1% while using AA.
No problems - so it doesn't fast charge. (my wife has a new Flip 4)
Took this pic for you...new interface...least cluttered I could get...

Jeep Gladiator No wireless Android Auto connection on 2021 Rubicon 8.4" screen ?? Screenshot_20230203-122049_Gallery
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Took this pic for you...new interface...least cluttered I could get...

Jeep Gladiator No wireless Android Auto connection on 2021 Rubicon 8.4" screen ?? Screenshot_20230203-122049_Gallery
A lot better than what I was seeing a year ago. The left side had all of the stuff you couldn't get rid of.
Now if I could get rid of the line of stuff immediately below the map (the pause, etc) it would be better.
The thing I don't like about "maps" as opposed to waze - is it only lets you see what's 2 blocks ahead. You can't see 2 miles ahead or further. I may want to see "what's way out there". What's ahead of us like other exits, whatever. Showing where I'm at is useless, I know where I'm at and can look out the window to see stuff. Let me do a zoom out - and leave it zoomed out. My wife gets pissed at the built-in nav because she tries to do a zoom out to see way out around us - like if we take this exit, is there a town 2 miles down that road? And in a few seconds, it's back in close-up mode zoomed in to the immediate 50 feet and won't stay zoomed where we put it.
Would love to see a nav system stay in the mode we put it in, zoomed out or zoomed in (to see street names) instead of sling-shotting back to their "this is the level you SHOULD be looking at" phase. It's like Apple programs all mapping and nav - WE will decide what you see and how you see it, not YOU because you don't know how to view things but we do".
LOL - no, let me decide zoom level and what I see.

anyway, that's better but still not "tall" enough - make the icons along the bottom smaller when in nav or map view, get rid of the line with pause, FF, reverse, etc. - let me tap the screen to get the icons back. You can with a phone......