Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Dog Dad
Wow! Lonely thread you got goin' here! :LOL:
I am indeed going as well! Took me a long time to commit to it. I booked the room last weekend finally but haven't registered yet. I'm trying to decide which package I want to get.
I am an off roading noob and am apprehensive about the offroad course. I would love to try it but since my JT is my daily driver, I don't want to damage it and be left without a vehicle.
Have you ever done the offroad park course or the sand course there? Are they tame enough for beginners?

OP
OP
Wholand

Wholand

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineer
Wow! Lonely thread you got goin' here! :LOL:
I am indeed going as well! Took me a long time to commit to it. I booked the room last weekend finally but haven't registered yet. I'm trying to decide which package I want to get.
I am an off roading noob and am apprehensive about the offroad course. I would love to try it but since my JT is my daily driver, I don't want to damage it and be left without a vehicle.
Have you ever done the offroad park course or the sand course there? Are they tame enough for beginners?
I'm glad I'm not the only one going, lol.

Actually I'm in a similar scenario. I have minimal experience, mostly trail riding. I have a totally stock Sport. It's my daily driver and I have a few years of payments to make on it. And I have to make it 5 hrs back home.

I talked to a promoter who assured me my stock sport Gladiator would be fine. Now he may have been just trying to sell me tickets. But he said beach crawl and beach course are no problem at all. He said the Jeep Jam course will have some challenging obstacles but you can choose to bypass those. I was skeptical on the course but the way the package pricing worked out I got it anyway. So I figure I'll give it a try.

Since I'll have my three girls in the back seat for a 5 hr ride I want to have my doors and top on for the trip. Now I can't figure out what to do with them when I get there. Kind of a shame not to be naked on the beach.

Saharacane

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Dad
I'm glad I'm not the only one going, lol.

Actually I'm in a similar scenario. I have minimal experience, mostly trail riding. I have a totally stock Sport. It's my daily driver and I have a few years of payments to make on it. And I have to make it 5 hrs back home.

I talked to a promoter who assured me my stock sport Gladiator would be fine. Now he may have been just trying to sell me tickets. But he said beach crawl and beach course are no problem at all. He said the Jeep Jam course will have some challenging obstacles but you can choose to bypass those. I was skeptical on the course but the way the package pricing worked out I got it anyway. So I figure I'll give it a try.

Since I'll have my three girls in the back seat for a 5 hr ride I want to have my doors and top on for the trip. Now I can't figure out what to do with them when I get there. Kind of a shame not to be naked on the beach.
Glad to hear that you confirmed you'd be good as is. My Gladiator is a Rubicon and mostly stock, the only real upgrade was 35s but no lift.
I'd love to take the doors off too but I'm going to have my dog in the back and don't want her jumping out. Couldn't you take the doors off and leave them in your hotel room?
Also, what package did you get? I was thinking the RAD Package looks best since you get 1 each of the Parade, Jeep Jam and Sand Course.

Sponsored

Saharacane

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Dad
May head down for the day Saturday or Sunday if I don't have to work OT.
What part of DE are you in? I'm in Old New Castle and work in Wilmington. I haven't seen your Jeep around...seems like it would be pretty easy to spot!

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
What part of DE are you in? I'm in Old New Castle and work in Wilmington. I haven't seen your Jeep around...seems like it would be pretty easy to spot!

Smyrna area. Yeah as far as I have seen I have the only Nacho Gladiator in the area. I can't hide. LOL

OP
OP
Wholand

Wholand

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Glad to hear that you confirmed you'd be good as is. My Gladiator is a Rubicon and mostly stock, the only real upgrade was 35s but no lift.
I'd love to take the doors off too but I'm going to have my dog in the back and don't want her jumping out. Couldn't you take the doors off and leave them in your hotel room?
Also, what package did you get? I was thinking the RAD Package looks best since you get 1 each of the Parade, Jeep Jam and Sand Course.
I went with the ultimate. I want my wife and daughter to have a chance at driving too. Plus they had 15% off.

Saharacane

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Dad
We got down here to OCMD yesterday. I did the Sand Course this morning. It was a lot of fun. I assumed you could only go through once but they let us keep going through. I did it 5x and then we switched and my gf did it twice.
Jeep Gladiator Ocean City Jeep Week 20210827_104727
Jeep Gladiator Ocean City Jeep Week 20210827_104548
Jeep Gladiator Ocean City Jeep Week 20210827_104557
Jeep Gladiator Ocean City Jeep Week 20210827_110450
Jeep Gladiator Ocean City Jeep Week 20210827_113546

H_pipe

First Name
H-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
I arrived this afternoon… I made it to the convention center at 4:57pm (they close at 5), got my packet and stickers and shot up to do the beach course - it was a lot of fun, I think we went through 4 or so times.
doing the Beach Crawl early Sunday morning!
(They even have a nice “wash station” on the way out 😜)
Jeep Gladiator Ocean City Jeep Week F2517993-9F03-4475-B5DD-B7665985D0AA
Jeep Gladiator Ocean City Jeep Week 9C4567FF-D543-49FE-B9B6-D23453456BDF
Jeep Gladiator Ocean City Jeep Week 9C4567FF-D543-49FE-B9B6-D23453456BDF
Jeep Gladiator Ocean City Jeep Week 48E84BA2-C4FA-4C7F-847F-E30BFFA48554

View attachment 180281

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

H_pipe

First Name
H-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
I arrived this afternoon… I made it to the convention center at 4:57pm (they close at 5), got my packet and stickers and shot up to do the beach course - it was a lot of fun, I think we went through 4 or so times.
doing the Beach Crawl early Sunday morning!
(They even have a nice “wash station” on the way out 😜)
View attachment 180282

OP
OP
Wholand

Wholand

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
We enjoyed the trip. I thought the sand course would be boring but in a stock Sport it was actually fun. And my 17 year old daughter got to take a couple laps too.

On a side note, happy with the mileage going down. I have a stock Sport with 245/75-17 AT tires, 8spd auto, and 4.10 gears., and got 22.6 mpg on the trip.

IMG_4192.JPEG

Saharacane

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Dad
"(They even have a nice “wash station” on the way out 😜)"

Nice! Glad you made it in time!
I must have missed the wash station, (and could have used it bc I still have quite a bit of OC sand on my Jeep) but I did take advantage of the air station to air back up.

Saharacane

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Dad
We enjoyed the trip. I thought the sand course would be boring but in a stock Sport it was actually fun. And my 17 year old daughter got to take a couple laps too.

On a side note, happy with the mileage going down. I have a stock Sport with 245/75-17 AT tires, 8spd auto, and 4.10 gears., and got 22.6 mpg on the trip.

Jeep Gladiator Ocean City Jeep Week IMG_4192.JPEG
I'm quite jealous of your MPG gains. I have a mostly stock Rubicon on 35s and got excited when I hit a high of 16.3 MPG on the way home!

H_pipe

First Name
H-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, Max Tow
Build Thread
Link

Jeep Gladiator Ocean City Jeep Week IMG_4192.JPEG
That’s awesome!
when I swapped my stock wheels ( the ones you have) I said to myself “ I’ll just swap them back on when I do any road trips”… I have done several road trips now and never did the swap …. Maybe I still will if I go farther than 300 miles. I have also been towing a small trailer so I guess I am mentally saying I’m getting bad gas mileage anyway sooo why swap…

C6391D5E-D762-4F2B-A8DA-13EF7A41F4C3.jpeg
Sponsored