Sponsored

Opinion on these Nerf bars/running boards

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
As long as you are looking for a side step I suppose they may function as designed, ie hold partial human body weight momentarily. They certainly aren’t sliders or a jacking point.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
The package weighs 45 lbs. total. There is no wall thickness.

They claim they are E-coated, but don't claim E-coating inside and outside. Most of the lightweight "bars" rust from the inside out.

If they mount like the video for the Ram, they are going to mount to pinch seam only. So if the bars get hit with much force, your pinch seam and body are damaged.

Personally, I would pass. But your ride and your money.

JackalopeSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
They will not make it one trip off road. Spend a little to get something that will last and protect your Jeep. I have seen cheep side steps do damage to a Jeep by hitting a rock or log and getting pushed up into the body.
check out...

OP
OP
Bucephalus

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator/ 20 AMG GLB 35/ 02 Ranger/ 06 BMW M3
Occupation
Laboratory and Medical Supplies
Thanks guys.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Even if you never plan on offroading, you need to think of bars/sliders and bumpers as protection for your ride.
The MOPAR rock rails are nice for a manufacturer, but they don't protect much.

I got Rock Hard sliders, angled up, to both protect my JT and to use as steps as my wife is 5' 1-1/2" tall. Most vehicles in a parking lot can't door ding me, but they'll screw up THEIR door.
Low speed to low/medium speed impact on the sides and the slider is going to take the abuse, not the JT.
Yes, they are pricey, and yes they are heavy. But they'll do their job when called upon.
And if you decide to offroad, you'll bounce and slide off most obstacles and then all you have to do is spray some touch up paint and move on.
Sponsored