Order remorse question

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
I'm curious as to why not go with the LED Package when ordering the JT, although $995 MSRP? Looking at what is updated its not just the actual headlamps:

PremLED_package.JPG
Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I tried a quick Google search and not finding the answer. I'm a little remorseful of not opting for the paint matched fenders and led lighting group. I read somewhere on here that options can be added after an order has been placed but I can't seem to find it. Nor can I find how long I have to make changes. Any help would be great.

Justin
If you got the max tow package it says it will come with body color matched fenders. The Max tow package seems worth it, but I would love to make a few tweaks myself.

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
I had a hard time swallowing the price tag so I went base Rubicon but I know how much better the LED lights are at night. Everything I've read confirmed this. My old jk I switched to eBay special LEDs and the were ok but no match to quality ones which are pretty pricey.
We just got our Rubicon last August (we ordered ours from the factory too) - with color-matched fenders and the LED light package - my advice? Do whatever you have to, to get the LED lights..here she is and she's a beauty!
IMG_2275 (002).jpeg

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2018 MegaCab, 2020 Gladiator
Just curious but if you (or anyone else for that matter) had a question about a special order, why would you spend time searching the internet (google), not finding your answer so then you post your question on a forum hoping someone knows the answer instead of simply picking up the phone and calling your dealer? In this case, you're going to end up calling them anyways....lol

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the black fenders too and Im thinking about trying to wrap them. $500 for paint just seems too expensive.

End of the day, if you cant get your order adjusted you are not SOL.
The unpainted flares have a textured finish so you wont be able to "wrap" them with any kind of success.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dallas91

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Silverado ltz
Just curious but if you (or anyone else for that matter) had a question about a special order, why would you spend time searching the internet (google), not finding your answer so then you post your question on a forum hoping someone knows the answer instead of simply picking up the phone and calling your dealer? In this case, you're going to end up calling them anyways....lol
Simple. The dealer was closed when I posted this, so I I couldn't call. I intended on getting the cheapest Rubicon I could get when I placed my order. But I talked myself into spending extra money for cruising all the pictures on here. Sorry for wasting your time with a meaningless post and conversation.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Simple. The dealer was closed when I posted this, so I I couldn't call. I intended on getting the cheapest Rubicon I could get when I placed my order. But I talked myself into spending extra money for cruising all the pictures on here. Sorry for wasting your time with a meaningless post and conversation.
Used to be a saying “The only stupid question is the one not asked”. That’s actually a good use of the forum being as there are aftermarket suppliers and dealers on this site that may know an answer to your questions as well as plenty of people on here willing to share their opinions. :giggle:
As for my opinion... if you have a package that includes led taillights, LED headlights and fog lights can be picked up fairly cheap on amazon. These are the ones I bought for my JK and I love them. Even has the headlight halo that flashes orange with the turn signal.

Dot Approved 7inch Jeep Daymaker... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTXNED5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

If you’d rather have factory... go for it!!

lucky7t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JK Rubicon 4dr, 15 JK Sport 4dr
I have always thought the higher opted bring more money later . Like your depreciation is less on a loaded up one.

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol, it was just a question. You're not wasting my time.... I read your post and was curious.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
So when is it officially too late though? I'm in D status with a VIN but no build or ship date and after some time with a silver Wrangler today I'm kinda regretting my Bright White order.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dallas91

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Silverado ltz
They had time to get the order in after I had a von and Vin. I'm currently in d status according to the dealer. I've tried the matrix thing and it never seems to locate anything and the lady at Jeep cares was less than accommodating with my impatient nature.

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
1. Dealers are clueless

2. People on this forum know (knew) stuff the salespeople will never know.

3. If somebody answers their questions, the next person. That needs an answer will find it in a Google search......that's how all this info got on the web to start with....people sharing info and experiences.

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1. Dealers are clueless

2. People on this forum know (knew) stuff the salespeople will never know.

3. If somebody answers their questions, the next person. That needs an answer will find it in a Google search......that's how all this info got on the web to start with....people sharing info and experiences.
The dealership is really the only one that can tell you if you can change your order or not. Clueless or not, they are in control of the order and the process.

Unclerez

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT
Occupation
Director of Business Development
If you got the max tow package it says it will come with body color matched fenders. The Max tow package seems worth it, but I would love to make a few tweaks myself.
The max tow I am pretty sure changes painted or body color matched to flat black plastic. Not excited about that default, but not much you can do about it I understand
Sponsored