Sponsored

Overland with 3.5 lift and bigger tires

zed111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unltd
Vehicle Showcase
My overland is just a little over 3 weeks old. Upgrades have been full led conversion up front. Tyger Tri fold bed cover. Today i got the 3.5 inch lift with 35’s on the stock wheels. I personally love these stock wheels. Whatcha guys think?
EB6F4FB8-BFBB-44F5-B23C-8667BC4B5752.jpeg
Luis - after a year how is your setup? Any rubbing of the tires on turns? I was warned by a dealer that there would be a high probability of the tire coming into contact with the strut perch and/or sway/stabilizer bar if I went with 35's.

OP
OP

LuisM23

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Appliance Distributor
Luis - after a year how is your setup? Any rubbing of the tires on turns? I was warned by a dealer that there would be a high probability of the tire coming into contact with the strut perch and/or sway/stabilizer bar if I went with 35's.
Zed- still running like the first day i got it! 35’s don’t rub on anything with the lift even when I’m lock to lock on either side. And to be honest i expected the rough country shocks to deteriorate within the year but they are still working out great! What’s your rig?

zed111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unltd
Vehicle Showcase
Zed- still running like the first day i got it! 35’s don’t rub on anything with the lift even when I’m lock to lock on either side. And to be honest i expected the rough country shocks to deteriorate within the year but they are still working out great! What’s your rig?
Luis - that is great to hear. I have a White 2020 Overland with a few minor mods. I love the look of your rig and the OEM Overland wheels. I am about to up my game with the lift and bigger tires.

rhinomanj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Hey brother! Correct 3.5 lift with springs as well not just the struts. Not gonna lie rides extremely smooth, couldn’t be happier without breaking the bank.
So you feel like your ride pretty much stayed the same? I am looking at the same config on mine but I dont want to mess with how it drives?

OP
OP

LuisM23

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Appliance Distributor
So you feel like your ride pretty much stayed the same? I am looking at the same config on mine but I dont want to mess with how it drives?
Hey man so the drive has stayed the same and it has been smooth until...........(cue dramatic music) got my first death wobble at very low speeds this past Thursday. I was leaving my neighborhood and its a sweeping left hand road and I hit a pothole at about 30 mph and got my first death wobble after over a year having my setup. When I did my setup I purposely got a beefed up steering stabalizer to avoid this and everything has been perfect until that moment. Some will say its probably that I hit the pothole at the perfect speed, angle, etc but regardless I will have the stabilizer checked out just incase. Other than that she drives like a dream!
Sponsored