Greg75

Greg75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, BMW M2 Competition, MBZ 560 SL, Ducati 851, Ducati 900 SS
Yeah thats what I was reading and like you, not sure what determines that. With my sport lower fenders and 35's, I wonder how much gap I will have from fender to wheel. Your Glad looks great.
Thanks. The MC stuff really is first-rate; my JTR drives, handles, and does everything else I could want better than I ever imagined it would.
Sponsored

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
OP
OP
Greg75

Greg75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up calling MC today and was told that the HD drag link is not vehicle specific.
That’s great. The drag link is definitely worth it.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Sorry to bother you again. The fox shocks you purchased. I looked up the part number for the rear and it states that it does not fit the gladiator. This is of course from the 4WP website. You obviously have them on yours but I wonder if this was covered somewhere.

OP
OP
Greg75

Greg75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Think I could have the rear model wrong; might be 181 front and 182 rear. Either way, the site says they do not fit. Guessing the sites are not accounting for the lift. Recommend calling Jonathan or Kyle at American Off-Road Customs in Vegas to check which they used and whether they did anything special to fit, which I doubt.

Sponsored

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Think I could have the rear model wrong; might be 181 front and 182 rear. Either way, the site says they do not fit. Guessing the sites are not accounting for the lift. Recommend calling Jonathan or Kyle at American Off-Road Customs in Vegas to check which they used and whether they did anything special to fit, which I doubt.
I looked up the fox shocks and there is no 182 rear for the JT. The 181 is a front shock for 4.5"-6" lifts but falls within the 17 collapsed 30 extended that they use for their front shock as it comes in at 18.45 and 30.05 . I am going out on a limb here and guessing it was a 221 rear which is for lifts 3.5"-4" and is 19 and 30.6 extended. The 182 you listed is 19.65" collapsed and 31.75" extended. Obviously your set up is going to be different than mine.Just saying this is what I just ordered. I will double check with MC Monday to make sure everything is ok. If not I can return the shocks to my local 4WP store and order the correct one. Now the waiting game begins.

OP
OP
Greg75

Greg75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked up the fox shocks and there is no 182 rear for the JT. The 181 is a front shock for 4.5"-6" lifts but falls within the 17 collapsed 30 extended that they use for their front shock as it comes in at 18.45 and 30.05 . I am going out on a limb here and guessing it was a 221 rear which is for lifts 3.5"-4" and is 19 and 30.6 extended. This is what I just ordered. I will double check with MC Monday to make sure everything is ok. If not I can return the shocks to my local 4WP store and order the correct one. Now the waiting game begins.
You're probably correct. I will call Jonathan tomorrow and ask, just to be sure. Thanks for the information.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
You're probably correct. I will call Jonathan tomorrow and ask, just to be sure. Thanks for the information.
Yeah I edited my post to point out our needs are obviously different and there is only about a difference of .5" and 1" between the two different shock models.

Englane

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S, ‘06 LJ, ‘67 Mustang, Indian Chief, Triumph Thruxton, Triumph TR6
Vehicle Showcase
This is definitely my favorite build so far. I just saw that you put the fenders on too. This is what I want my JT to be!

Sponsored

Billet Wilson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, 2021 JT Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Have you swapped the RK rear springs to MC once they released them? If so, did it change the rake or driving characteristics?
Sponsored