Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
What do you do for a living? What company do you work for?
I work in logistics, however that couldn’t be less relevant. I have my own values, and I live by them. I don’t expect you to live my values, so don’t expect me to live yours.
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I work in logistics, however that couldn’t be less relevant. I have my own values, and I live by them. I don’t expect you to live my values, so don’t expect me to live yours.
If you worked for a product company or had your own company and did your own product design you'd likely see value in the cost of product design, development and Intellectual property.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
If you worked for a product company or had your own company and did your own product design you'd likely see value in the cost of product design, development and Intellectual property.
And if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. Again, I have no dog in this fight as I have no plan of purchasing this or any other chicom knockoff. I do however know that the laws you so thump your chest about are not made to protect me, and will be selectively enforced based on social standing and political leanings. Forgive me if I don’t care that some people want to save money, it’s their money to spend as they wish. If they want to buy pot with it I don’t care either. That’s illegal too.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
And if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. Again, I have no dog in this fight as I have no plan of purchasing this or any other chicom knockoff. I do however know that the laws you so thump your chest about are not made to protect me, and will be selectively enforced based on social standing and political leanings. Forgive me if I don’t care that some people want to save money, it’s their money to spend as they wish. If they want to buy pot with it I don’t care either. That’s illegal too.

XTAdAeTadQO1ZPhiVdh3Ph00UMKAHF3RdZOwCr0H8GZgkWHoF4.jpg

KiwiNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Occupation
sales
Incase anyone is still looking to get an air compressor at a good deal, there is still a chance to buy one. I got one of the twin compressor on board models (non portable) after seeing it mentioned here. It arrived quickly and is honestly a really good unit. Couldn't be happier, and cant see many differences to the more expensive version. It came packaged really well, with all the wiring etc, and also a complete instruction manual - in English). I contacted them directly via WhatsApp and it was shipped quickly and from the US.

They are no longer on eBay. Read into that what you will. Turns out they are changing the product design going forward, and will be selling in the US directly with a distributor. But for now the last of the very familiar looking ones are still available. They are $300 including shipping. Reminder this is the onboard mount version, and its ships from the US. So if you are interested - contact directly as below. I'm not associated in any way, just passing this on as I am super happy with what Ive got.
If you don't have whatsApp, its pretty easy to download on your phone and easy to use.

Here is her contact info.

Shirley
Off Road Parts
+86 138 5860 4677

Sponsored

DustyGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Gladiator Mojave, 22' Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Network systems engineer
Its a simple matter of cost, a product of this caliber does not warrant 900 dollars. To me that's price gouging and taking advantage of people in a niche market. ARB does have a patent on a Twin Motor Compressor, but the law has labeled it over reaching in a 2014 lawsuit between one of its patent trolls and a company that looks to be out of Holland. Their patent hasn't held up in 3 other suits brought on by them as well. ARB is free to blow as much hot air it wants in anyone's direction, however easily citing case law would give you carte blanc to build as many of these as you want and label them with anything that doesn't say ARB's name on it. As they have recently passed law in 2019 to monetize bad faith lawsuits, I don't see ARB even trying to go after anyone sans a scary legal letter as they would be on the hook for opposing attorneys cost if they were to lose.

On a personal note I dont like what ARB has become, they are a greedy selfish company, that is only interested in bleeding money from their base of users. The argument of "just dont buy it" doesnt work either as they are the 400lb gorilla in the room and use their legal muscle to intimidate anyone into building anything thats even remotely close to something they have. I can think of no more despicable of a company in the offroad world to be honest.

FYI just my .02

OP
OP
athous

athous

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Very interesting video, its reminds me of a video chrysler put out in the early 90's about americans losing jobs to overseas parts makers and how their competition utilized cheap labor and inexpensive parts to make their cars. About 6 months later is was discovered that Chrysler had in fact been doing the same thing but trying to cover it up through mislabeled shipments. It was a complete cluster and was the initial death blow to chrysler before mercedes started to invest back into them and save them from bankruptcy. Anyhow make no mistake probably 80-90% of ARB parts are made, built, manufactured in a foreign country. Arb admits to having its biggest factory in thailand of which it is 5x the size of their factory in australia. Australia is nothing more than a spec factory or design center. It is not designed nor ever envisoned to mass produce parts. I stick with my original assesment that ARB is not out to help their fellow 4x4'er but more to capitalize on it and take advantage of it. I have no credence for them. The sad reality is that the world needs cheap labor/manufacturing to continue down its path. There are little to no companies that dont operate, get building parts for, or require some substance/media that is not sourced from a marginalized country.
Sponsored