Pinyon Mountain Trail completed.

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I can only speak to a couple. Pinyon Mountain is a little more complex and I obviously don’t recommend taking a Gladiator through the squeeze lol. But for the rest it’s fairly easy with some amazing views and wildflowers. Definitely worth the trip down there.
Is there an alternate route around the squeeze or is that the only way out?
Sponsored

OP
OP
willemlock

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
Is there an alternate route around the squeeze or is that the only way out?
That’s the only way unfortunately but you can always run it in reverse all the way to the squeeze and then back down again. Heart attack hill going up will be good fun also.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone ever got their gladiator thru the squeeze with no damage? Or is it just geometrically, dimensionally and physically not possible? I am bummed if its not possible, I really want to get that badge. UPDATE; it looks like it is doable;

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
As a local I've been through it in a 2001 Xtra Cab Tacoma and my 2013 2-door JK.
If you spend more time stacking rocks than it actually takes to get through the obstacle you can do it. Just please put the trail back the way you found it so others can make the choice to stack or just go.

Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I did it and got the measurements when I went thru. I was all set to video it (by myself) it was a very high stress trail with no one else with or around, but it all worked out with just a little wheel rash. very fun trail. My camera blew over just as I started going thru the squeeze, then I couldn't get out to fix it. I was pissed! Nice job! 84" at the doors and 74-76 at the tires. Video here is in the lower canyon, pretty cool trail.

Last edited:
OP
OP
willemlock

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
I decided to risk it and I am happy to say that you can make it through in a Jeep Gladiator without body damage. Sorry for the crappy quality video.
that was a good line. When we did it I was way too far to the right. Nice job!!
Sponsored