First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
The first time I connected my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G to my Gladiator. Android Auto worked fine. After I turned the engine off and disconnected the phone, it no longer works when I start the engine and connect the phone. I don't know why it would have worked fine the first time and, now, not at all. Any ideas/lessons learned? I've tried both connected to USB1 port and via Bluetooth. Neither works.
Sponsored

DaioRider

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I too have an S20 and while I'm not sure if this applies to your situation, I found that some aftermarket cables caused a similar issue in that my Android auto would not work consistently. Once I changed back to my original 'out of the box' Samsung cable everything worked fine. I then tried a couple of other higher quality cables and they worked as well.

For me, it seems like the cheap cables can cause intermittent issues.

OP
OP
allenjh

allenjh

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I too have an S20 and while I'm not sure if this applies to your situation, I found that some aftermarket cables caused a similar issue in that my Android auto would not work consistently. Once I changed back to my original 'out of the box' Samsung cable everything worked fine. I then tried a couple of other higher quality cables and they worked as well.

For me, it seems like the cheap cables can cause intermittent issues.
I am using the original Samsung cable. Thanks for your reply.

OP
OP
allenjh

allenjh

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
@allenjh

Won't hurt, but slight chance that you may find this helps.. I've seen the process below, help for a few random issues.. The process only takes a few minutes to do.

1) Unpair your Android smartphone.

2) In UConnect, Smartphone Projection Manager, (see pic below) delete any and all Android devices listed there. (You may see more then one, even if you have only paired your Android cellphone)

3) Now, pair your Android Smartphone with your JT.

Attach0_20200718_133258.jpg
Thank you! That worked and Android Auto is now working correctly.

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
UConnect has a 'feature' that causes it to force pair/prefer/set as primary the first phone with Bluetooth autopair turned on that comes within passenger range. This can happen even if another phone has already been set up with that UConnect system.

I've sent some data to the UConnect people but no update has fixed it yet. It may be difficult to replicate. It seems to be when two phones have different Bluetooth chips or firmware, not sure which yet.

Like mentioned above, if your phone starts having issues like not connecting or intermittent loss of connection this may be the cause.

Sponsored

AKID_RBM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
I run two phones, one for work, and one for personal. Both are Samsungs. In my Tundra I have an aftermarket Kenwood Deck that allows me to have both phones connected. I can easily take a call on either phone. Is this possible with the Uconnect system?

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
Thank you! That worked and Android Auto is now working correctly.
This worked!!! Holy hell, I FINALLY have Android Auto back. It's been months, dealership couldn't figure it out. THANK YOU!!!
Sponsored