First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Toureg, Dodge ram 1500
Occupation
self
I bet I have built my jeep using the tool on jeeps website 100 times. Is there a spot that tells all the features that the jeeps have for each package. I can save about 5k getting a Willy's sport and I do not see a lot of difference except the tire size. When I look online I see the Willy's has 33 inch tires and red shocks. Not really worth the 5 grand of an upgrade. Is there a place that shows the upgrades for each model?
Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Stellantis employee
It's the same difference as the sport vs sport s. The regular willys has power windows and locks and a radio from this century with automatic climate controls.

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
I bet I have built my jeep using the tool on jeeps website 100 times. Is there a spot that tells all the features that the jeeps have for each package. I can save about 5k getting a Willy's sport and I do not see a lot of difference except the tire size. When I look online I see the Willy's has 33 inch tires and red shocks. Not really worth the 5 grand of an upgrade. Is there a place that shows the upgrades for each model?
Power options (sport has roll up windows, manual locks, dont think you can get remote start, possibly no proximity doors., softop vs hardtop options. The Willys trims come with 32 inch tires, not 33s (that’s Rubicon and Mojave). Tire brands may vary between trims.

Basically the sport is the bare bones model with very few options. You get the look on the outside, but nothing really inside.

timwiller

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 J-3600 Gladiator. 2021 Willys Sport
Occupation
retired
mine is awesome. the only gadget is the backup camera. all the tech is more to fail and something will. mine is worth 7000 more than i paid right now. kiss..

Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
mine is awesome. the only gadget is the backup camera. all the tech is more to fail and something will. mine is worth 7000 more than i paid right now. kiss..
If I’m not mistaking, the backup camera is a vehicle requirement on all new vehicles sold in the US from 2017 on.

OP
OP

Crossbones55

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
self
The Willys trims come with 32 inch tires, not 33s (that’s Rubicon and Mojave). Tire brands may vary between trims.
See, thats the problem with the jeep page, it shows the rim size and not the tire size on the willy's. You are right, the rubicon comes with 33s.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If I’m not mistaking, the backup camera is a vehicle requirement on all new vehicles sold in the US from 2017 on.
It is indeed a requirement.

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
If I didn't have four kiddos I'd be all over the Willys Sport / Sport models. I have nothing against rolling up windows manually or using a key to get things locked/unlocked. The "automatic" climate is comical in regards to German/Japanese cars I can't see it being all that much better than Jeeps non-automatic. The Willys Sport especially is everything I'd want for wheeling off road at a really nice price. Throw an auto locker up front and maybe 2" spacer lift and go have some fun ;)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Odd, auto climate control has worked fine, can't imagine it being better than it is. I set mine in auto when I first got it and other than a handful of times changing it to front defrost (which is rarely needed) or when my wife messes with things not paying attention to the buttons she's pressing, it's always on auto and simply works. Set it to the temp you want and it gets you there quickly and maintains it. The other day we noticed when the bright sun was making things warm, it compensated for that even though the air temp outside was COLD.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Crossbones55

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
self
Is there a difference in the size of tires you can put on without a lift?

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
The auto climate control works awesome. Set it and forget it. Mine is at 70 degrees year round. Never have to touch a thing, unless it's for the defrost. But I did almost by a Willys Sport. The only reason I didn't was because my wife said our kids would have a hard time with manual locks and Windows, since they were too young to operate them.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Is there a difference in the size of tires you can put on without a lift?
No they are are the same. The only difference is power windows and locks. They are identical. Equally capable, same wheels, same tires, same everything. But the sport doesn't have power windows or locks. That's it.

OP
OP

Crossbones55

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
self
No they are are the same. The only difference is power windows and locks. They are identical. Equally capable, same wheels, same tires, same everything. But the sport doesn't have power windows or locks. That's it.
Thank you! Saves me a bunch of money knowing the suspension is the same.
Sponsored