Sponsored

Rock Hard 4x4 // Premium. Patented. Proven.

ROCK HARD 4X4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
We're excited to jump on board the JL train as an early JLWForums adopter. As the vehicle release approaches we'll keep everyone updated on our part development process.

We'll be on this forum to support our dealers and customers with tech support and pre-ordering advice.

See you all on the trail!
Sponsored

Taimaishu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Any chance you will have parts available right when the JL is available? Basically I'm wondering if Jeep is sharing JL specs with the aftermarket so they will have parts soon after it is in the hands of owners. I've heard they may be working directly with a few vendors.

OP
OP
ROCK HARD 4X4

ROCK HARD 4X4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
We will have parts available shortly after the vehicle is released, but probably not concurrently. It's very common for Jeep to make running changes to a model in the months following release. To save costs, Jeep will initially produce a model using parts on the shelf and when they run out they'll then produce the part for the new model.

DarthMall

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner 4x4, Mazda B2500
We will have parts available shortly after the vehicle is released, but probably not concurrently. It's very common for Jeep to make running changes to a model in the months following release. To save costs, Jeep will initially produce a model using parts on the shelf and when they run out they'll then produce the part for the new model.
So the first Jeeps delivered to the people who ordered them in November will be different than the rest of the Jeeps produced that year? Seems kind of messed up for the people ordering there JL's before release. Unless I'm misreading your comment than correct me if I'm wrong.

MLPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Willys JK 6M
So the first Jeeps delivered to the people who ordered them in November will be different than the rest of the Jeeps produced that year? Seems kind of messed up for the people ordering there JL's before release. Unless I'm misreading your comment than correct me if I'm wrong.
The running changes very early on after production starts is common for brand new models. They're usually small fixes here and there that go unnoticed.
Sponsored