Rubicon Buying Experience

Pyuro

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9 Totaled 2012 Jeep Warngler Sport 2 DR
I joined the forum here after really getting so much good information from the kind people who are online here and sharing. I want to give back too. After totaling our 2012 Wrangler 2 Door, we starting looking into the Gladiator in the space coast area of Florida. Wife likes Jeeps & we would like to get a small travel trailer. We thought it would be a good merger of needs. We drove Overland and Rubicon Manual @ Orlando Dealership on W Colonial (they have 6 Rubicon Manuals there). We initially thought we would like the manual, but the automatic really drove nice. They have tons of Overlands. After we got home I did more research and decided we wanted that extra towing capacity in the Rubicon Automatic and many of the safety and comfort features. We only liked the Gator or Gobi. So we searched local inventory and I had Perksatwork via Truecar as my guideline.

I have been watching inventory and it only seems Sports are selling. I usually watch and communicate the larger volume dealers . I don't know if they are getting wise to the online negotiating or simply incompetent, but I didn't have any luck getting lowest price quote and email negotiations. Very disappointed with New Smyrna dealership they are a bunch of jokers. They are only selling sports and lots of Overlands and Rubicons on the lot. They would not match or even come close to 5% below invoice that we saw we could get from Travis @ TriCity, even on the last week day of the month of May.

The economy struggling and in fact the sales of Gladiators starting falling before the virus got bad, lots of unemployment, I was thinking someone would negotiate.

Thankfully we reached out to Travis and order the exact spec and color we were looking for. I have never custom ordered a car before, but have no problem waiting for a few weeks. We had a good experience and appreciated the customer service and quick responses.

So far, I would recommend: @Travis@TriCityJeep
Sponsored

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
This forum has helped so many people get a fair price on their JT. Great to hear another story. Congrats on your order.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I joined the forum here after really getting so much good information from the kind people who are online here and sharing. I want to give back too. After totaling our 2012 Wrangler 2 Door, we starting looking into the Gladiator in the space coast area of Florida. Wife likes Jeeps & we would like to get a small travel trailer. We thought it would be a good merger of needs. We drove Overland and Rubicon Manual @ Orlando Dealership on W Colonial (they have 6 Rubicon Manuals there). We initially thought we would like the manual, but the automatic really drove nice. They have tons of Overlands. After we got home I did more research and decided we wanted that extra towing capacity in the Rubicon Automatic and many of the safety and comfort features. We only liked the Gator or Gobi. So we searched local inventory and I had Perksatwork via Truecar as my guideline.

I have been watching inventory and it only seems Sports are selling. I usually watch and communicate the larger volume dealers . I don't know if they are getting wise to the online negotiating or simply incompetent, but I didn't have any luck getting lowest price quote and email negotiations. Very disappointed with New Smyrna dealership they are a bunch of jokers. They are only selling sports and lots of Overlands and Rubicons on the lot. They would not match or even come close to 5% below invoice that we saw we could get from Travis @ TriCity, even on the last week day of the month of May.

The economy struggling and in fact the sales of Gladiators starting falling before the virus got bad, lots of unemployment, I was thinking someone would negotiate.

Thankfully we reached out to Travis and order the exact spec and color we were looking for. I have never custom ordered a car before, but have no problem waiting for a few weeks. We had a good experience and appreciated the customer service and quick responses.

So far, I would recommend: @Travis@TriCityJeep
I just came home with a Gladiator Rubicon from Tri-City a few days ago. Couldn’t have been any easier of a process.
Sponsored