First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator overland
Occupation
Surveyor / Fly fishing guide
Anyone have experience with this product? or something similar? Im looking to pull the trigger on a hard roll top very soon.
Thanks!!
Sponsored

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have experience with this product? or something similar? Im looking to pull the trigger on a hard roll top very soon.
Thanks!!
I just ordered mine today. I will let you know what it is like once it gets here and I get it installed.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Thanks!!
I've seen posts about it here, so be sure to do a search of the forums. I considered it, but am not a fan of the velcro fastening along the edges. I went with the Bak X4 rolling tonneau.

Sallaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
I got one not realizing it required the trail rails (on the model i got) and sold it because i didnt want to spend more on the trail rails... but after unboxing it to show the buyer i really wish i would have just kept it... it looked really nice, and good quality!!!

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
With a 5 year warranty I am not too concerned about the Velcro and no more often than I will actually be rolling it up I am sure it will last a long time. My last cover I only opened up maybe 2-3 times a week. So over a 10 year span that is about 1200 openings and it is supposed to have a lifespan of 3500 for polyester type and 10,000 for the nylon type. So I think I should be ok.

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Thanks!!
I have the Hard Rolling Tonneau cover mounted on my JT - See Post #50:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/samson.25179/page-4

I have calmed down a bit since that post. I was a bit upset with the fit and instructions. Since, then I am happy with the tonneau. I get a little water every now and then, but nothing that has caused me grief. In fact on the way back from the beach yesterday, we put a bag of groceries in a Paper bag in the bed and hit a major downpour on way home. The bag was dry when we got home.

I do recommend replacing the foam seal with the D-seal material that I show on the post. It has been holding up well. I roll/unroll it multiple times a week ( I have to climb in the bed to snap the bottom seal in the channel for the soft top rear window).

The kit I bought had the brackets for 'No trail rail' and hardware for the Trail Rail. I have the BuiltRight trail rail and mine mounted fine (after figuring out the taper). The velcro seems fine too.

My only "want" would be for the bed side channels to have a slot to accept Yakima style cross rails. I would like to be able to use cross rails with the tonneau cover closed.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I can take a few pics of mine if needed. Hope this helps.

Rubinator919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have the RR Hard Rolling Tonneau, and, like others have posted on these boards, am VERY happy with the look, function and quality of the cover. I was not happy with the fiddling and modifications it took to get it to fit and seal properly, but am happy now that that's behind me.

I would get this cover again, if I had to. Met all of what I was looking for.

OP
OP

Gatorgladiatorcanuck

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator overland
Occupation
Surveyor / Fly fishing guide
Thank you for all your response. The fact that it has velcro at all has sterred me.away from this unit as I use my truck for work as a surveyor and I'm in the bed multiple times a day most days. I'm looking st the BAK X4 revolver now. Thanks for the help!!!

I've seen posts about it here, so be sure to do a search of the forums. I considered it, but am not a fan of the velcro fastening along the edges. I went with the Bak X4 rolling tonneau.
[/QUOTE

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Thank you for all your response. The fact that it has velcro at all has sterred me.away from this unit as I use my truck for work as a surveyor and I'm in the bed multiple times a day most days. I'm looking st the BAK X4 revolver now. Thanks for the help!!!
Be aware that the X4 for the Gladiator has somewhat noticably changed from what they make for Fords, Rams, etc. I have not seen any advertisements or listings that even show a picture of the Gladiator version. The thread below has some good photos of the new design.

One good change is that it bolts to the bed rather than using clamps (or the trail rail system.) It sits about 1/2 inch higher now because the hard tonneau rails sit on top of the bed rails. However this version comes with T-slots built in that might work in the future with typical racks like Yakima, Thule, etc. (see 2nd link.)

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/slow-steady-overland-build.28148/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/bak-revolver-x4.30856

Flave

First Name
Alfredo lopez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport s
I have the Hard Rolling Tonneau cover mounted on my JT - See Post #50:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/samson.25179/page-4

I have calmed down a bit since that post. I was a bit upset with the fit and instructions. Since, then I am happy with the tonneau. I get a little water every now and then, but nothing that has caused me grief. In fact on the way back from the beach yesterday, we put a bag of groceries in a Paper bag in the bed and hit a major downpour on way home. The bag was dry when we got home.

I do recommend replacing the foam seal with the D-seal material that I show on the post. It has been holding up well. I roll/unroll it multiple times a week ( I have to climb in the bed to snap the bottom seal in the channel for the soft top rear window).

The kit I bought had the brackets for 'No trail rail' and hardware for the Trail Rail. I have the BuiltRight trail rail and mine mounted fine (after figuring out the taper). The velcro seems fine too.

My only "want" would be for the bed side channels to have a slot to accept Yakima style cross rails. I would like to be able to use cross rails with the tonneau cover closed.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I can take a few pics of mine if needed. Hope this helps.
I did the D seal but I am having a problem with the gaps. The top is not square and leaves gaps. And if I move the rail to close the gap, the cover won't close or snap on

20210425_193932.jpg

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I did the D seal but I am having a problem with the gaps. The top is not square and leaves gaps. And if I move the rail to close the gap, the cover won't close or snap on

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Armis rolling tonneau cover 20210425_193932
Same issues that I have... and in a couple months the seal material that sticks to the side of the bed will come off. I even reapplied it to the bedside with Gorilla tape and it came off again. It is a frustrating design
Sponsored