Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just over 6k miles. I'm not a fan of the dealership I took it to because of the spare tire situation but the next closest is Prestige in Longmont and that's too far to leave it all day. The Rebel Off-Road Rack I added seems to eat the mpg but it could also be the winter fuel mix. I'm anywhere between 16 and 17 mpg now when I was 17-19 mpg depending on the day.
Mine was about the same without a rack, but with steel bumper and winch up front, and heavy rock sliders. Iā€™d guess that couple of miles is just winter. I honestly donā€™t watch it. I didnā€™t expect it to be good when I bought it. Itā€™s possible that I could gain one or two with the regear, but Iā€™ll know soon enough.
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just over 6k miles. I'm not a fan of the dealership I took it to because of the spare tire situation but the next closest is Prestige in Longmont and that's too far to leave it all day. The Rebel Off-Road Rack I added seems to eat the mpg but it could also be the winter fuel mix. I'm anywhere between 16 and 17 mpg now when I was 17-19 mpg depending on the day.
Thatā€™s frustrating with the bushings. You could always just swap them yourself. I know youā€™re not getting them via warranty as youā€™re entitled, but aftermarket ones may be more accessible, and may be better quality. Got pictures of the failed ones? Just curious.

OP
OP

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Mine was about the same without a rack, but with steel bumper and winch up front, and heavy rock sliders. Iā€™d guess that couple of miles is just winter. I honestly donā€™t watch it. I didnā€™t expect it to be good when I bought it. Itā€™s possible that I could gain one or two with the regear, but Iā€™ll know soon enough.
I've mostly stopped watching it but got curious after installing the rack. The roof top tent will add another 130lbs. Debating on the steel bumper now from being all in on one before. Looking at the Ebay specials for like $450. If I get a new bumper the plan is to get the Apex Badlands 12000lb, but I'll need to get a winch plate to fit it.

OP
OP

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Thatā€™s frustrating with the bushings. You could always just swap them yourself. I know youā€™re not getting them via warranty as youā€™re entitled, but aftermarket ones may be more accessible, and may be better quality. Got pictures of the failed ones? Just curious.
I can buy the actual OEM parts right now from Quadratec for $10 each plus shipping which is frustrating when the dealership can't give me a date on when they can get them from Jeep. Might call around to other dealerships and see if they have the same problem. Most likely they are but I can't restate my disdain for the local dealership for the runaround I got for their screw up.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I've mostly stopped watching it but got curious after installing the rack. The roof top tent will add another 130lbs. Debating on the steel bumper now from being all in on one before. Looking at the Ebay specials for like $450. If I get a new bumper the plan is to get the Apex Badlands 12000lb, but I'll need to get a winch plate to fit it.
I see people snatching up the badlands. Is it just because they are cheaper, or are they high quality? When it came to the winch, I wouldnā€™t have used anything but warn. I trust them when I need it, and they stand behind their stuff.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Ba
I can buy the actual OEM parts right now from Quadratec for $10 each plus shipping which is frustrating when the dealership can't give me a date on when they can get them from Jeep. Might call around to other dealerships and see if they have the same problem. Most likely they are but I can't restate my disdain for the local dealership for the runaround I got for their screw up.
Bad dealerships are the worst. I like the parts and service department at autonation jeep west on colfax. Micah in parts is a straight shooter. Lots of things are tough to get quickly though.

OP
OP

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
I see people snatching up the badlands. Is it just because they are cheaper, or are they high quality? When it came to the winch, I wouldnā€™t have used anything but warn. I trust them when I need it, and they stand behind their stuff.
Iā€™ve really only heard good things specially about the Apex Badlands 12000 with synthetic rope. The other Badlands models arenā€™t that great apparently. Its wired and/or wireless and seems to hold up. It is from Harbor Freight so yeah, but it seems to legitimately be good. Granted theyā€™ve been giving them to YouTubers for exposure so there is some biases there.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve really only heard good things specially about the Apex Badlands 12000 with synthetic rope. The other Badlands models arenā€™t that great apparently. Its wired and/or wireless and seems to hold up. It is from Harbor Freight so yeah, but it seems to legitimately be good. Granted theyā€™ve been giving them to YouTubers for exposure so there is some biases there.
Whatā€™s the price in comparison to a Warn Evo 12 synthetic? I got mine for $850.

OP
OP

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Ba

Bad dealerships are the worst. I like the parts and service department at autonation jeep west on colfax. Micah in parts is a straight shooter. Lots of things are tough to get quickly though.
The service department seems ok at the dealership but with the spare tire either the sales guy told parts and they didnā€™t order it or the sales guy never had them order it. The sales guy kept saying it was backordered and the parts manager would call me when it was in. Finally I got ahold of the parts manager who had no record of it and threw the blame on the sales guy. Iā€™m inclined to agree but I donā€™t know where it ultimately falls so it soured me on them both. Especially when they said the bushings were backordered. As I told my coworker. Here we go again

OP
OP

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Whatā€™s the price in comparison to a Warn Evo 12 synthetic? I got mine for $850.
$600 but if Iā€™ve seen posts elsewhere from people that if you time it right or use the right coupons some have gotten down to $450 I think.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just looked it up. 750 for badlands, 850 for warn. Iā€™d spend 100 all day to get Warn.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
$600 but if Iā€™ve seen posts elsewhere from people that if you time it right or use the right coupons some have gotten down to $450 I think.
Thatā€™s really low though.

OP
OP

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Thatā€™s really low though.
If I could get it for $450 it Iā€™d buy it in a heartbeat. I thought Warn was well over 1k though. Also Iā€™m seeing $600 on Harbor Freightā€™s site currently.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

WILDHOBO

First Name