Sponsored

Rough Country lift: void warranty? Why so much cheaper?

jonb06

First Name
Jon B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
I'm noticing the huge price difference between the MOPAR 2.5 in lift and the Rough Country 2.5 lift. First question: does the third party lift void any part of the warranty?

Is the ride quality worse? I'm trying to understand the difference as it seems that Rough County appears to be a reputable brand. Most of the reviews I've read are solid.

I don't plan to do any off-roading; just driving the rugged streets of the city post-winter and of course some heavy snow at times. This lift is about looks and bigger tires, but I want to retain as much ride quality as possible. No need for reservoirs or extreme articulation.
Sponsored

Last edited:

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
If you replace your factory suspension with aftermarket, you void your suspension warranty, but I think that's about it. I put the RC 3.5" lift on mine and like it.

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
I went with mopar lift not to void warranty

KIMG01381.jpg

KIMG01481.jpg

KIMG01461.jpg

KIMG01491.jpg

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
Dealerships can be erratic and frustrating when dealing with warranty claims. They may claim something aftermarket voided warranty, but they technically have to prove this.

If you install a RC lift, all the components are covered by RC. So those, obviously, would not be covered by Jeep.

If a factory component breaks due to a faulty RC part or issue during install, the dealership may deny warranty coverage.

As an example, I have a full Steer Smarts front end on my Gladiator. It is a 2020 LE and had steering box issues. Took it in, they confirmed the TSB, replaced the box no problem. Difficult dealers could have claimed the Steer Smarts was contributing to the steering issues and made life more difficult.

I wouldn't be concerned with an aftermarket lift at all. RC has it's own warranty so if you have an issue with any of their components you go back to them. Everything else, Jeep dealer.
Sponsored