• Total voters

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Need to make a quick decision and just can't make up my mind. Can get either unit for pretty much same price. I know the Smitty Built is a bit smaller and lighter but can get 12K for same cost.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Need to make a quick decision and just can't make up my mind. Can get either unit for pretty much same price. I know the Smitty Built is a bit smaller and lighter but can get 12K for same cost.
How did that decision work out?

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did that decision work out?
I ended up not getting it. I am still holding out that someone might have a good sale on a Smittybuilt or something else that is not as heavy. It won't be something that will see heavy use from me other than occasional things. I am waiting to hear from someone currently who has a lightly used Smitty Built 9500. He is selling his JT and selling off all the stuff he put on it. Its a cable version but figure I can put synthetic on it. Assuming he is in the right price range. I finally got my Arcus Skid plate and looks like I will have to remove the bumper to put it on. I have to remove the bumper to put the winch in so guess I will kill two birds with one stone. I guess I am holding out hope to much that someone will do some kind of crazy pricing deal on black Friday only type of sale

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So just FYI on this, I ended up with the Smittybuilt. I got it for close to the same price ($530) and while it's only 10K vs 12K it will serve my limited use purpose as well as it's like 20 lbs lighter and the form factor was a bit smaller than the Apex. It's almost unnoticeable in the Arcus Bumper. I do notice the extra weight up front from it and the skid plate installed but its just something I will get the feel for. I will have to check to see if my headlights and fogs need to be adjusted. It doesn't look like it pulled the front down much. My dumb butt forgot to measure before they installed it all.
Sponsored