John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
So I just received notice that a post I made was deleted for "Reason : Disrespectful / Insulting posts are not tolerated"

So before I get started, I want to apologize for any unpleasantness I may have caused with said post. I've been known to have a few drinks and my hidden 13 year old sense of humor may get the best of me. It's the same part of me that always laughs at farts, kids falling off bikes and novelty t-shirts.

So here's my real question in an effort to be a good forum member and see if I'm truly in the minority - who here has ever "drunk posted", had a post removed for the same reason or BOTH (one resulting from the other)?

Mods: Please keep this in General Topics instead of moving to a dead category - this is a serious issue that needs attention. I will personally be responsible for starting a support group for "Drunk Posters" if this problem is as widespread as I suspect.
Sponsored

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
I've had a couple that I thought were pretty benign that referenced current events yet were removed for being "political".

I ignore it and move one.

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I got banned for a month for disagreeing with a site administrator. I posted an alternative product on a sponsored thread that was relevant to the thread but was told I was being rude. They can get a little power crazy at times...and I wasn't even drunk 🥴

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
I say to friends and family if your buzzed or drunk stay away from motor vehicles, phone/text, and a computer.

I've had a friend recently lose her job of 12 years because of a drunk email.

I have taught my young kids the consequences of negative, racial, and political social media post can do. I hope they learned. That in this day and age a comment made 8 years ago can come back and bite you in the A$$.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
PUI (posting under the influence) is a good way to get your post deleted. Many people (especially me) have been guilty saying/posting things that were inappropriate that later they wish they could take back. :)

Sponsored

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
Live by this.

Jeep Gladiator So I'm just curious and be honest! download.jpe
I am guilty of PUI; sorry to say that as I should set a better example for you young-uns. But, I can't help it...I'm just an ordinary guy that once I start drinking, I'm like Super Man...the tie and shirt come off and I turn into a GENIUS...and feel compelled to spread my knowledge, love and affection.

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
One of the reasons I spend more time than not on this forum, versus previous truck brands forums, is the fact that they filter out all the political and conspiracy-related posts super fast and delete them. I appreciate that. If I wanted to read all that b.s., I would go to the far-reaches of the internet to read basement-dwellers thoughts.

I love love love these boards for simply not putting up with it, and letting drunk people or "trolls" set their fires to watch the boards lose their quality. I come here for Gladiator content and Gladiator conversation.

OP, this is in no way a reference to what you said, because I have no idea what post you are talking about. Moreover, this is a general response to show appreciation to how these boards are moderated. Cheers.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
One of the reasons I spend more time than not on this forum, versus previous truck brands forums, is the fact that they filter out all the political and conspiracy-related posts super fast and delete them. I appreciate that. If I wanted to read all that b.s., I would go to the far-reaches of the internet to read basement-dwellers thoughts.

I love love love these boards for simply not putting up with it, and letting drunk people or "trolls" set their fires to watch the boards lose their quality. I come here for Gladiator content and Gladiator conversation.

OP, this is in no way a reference to what you said, because I have no idea what post you are talking about. Moreover, this is a general response to show appreciation to how these boards are moderated. Cheers.
1000% this. I’ve had posts removed for being political, usually because I’ve quoted a post that was inappropriate. I only respond to those if they were directed at me specifically, not some random post.

Let’s keep this forum strictly about Gladiators and enjoyable for all; not just for those who find trolling or political discussions entertaining. There are other boards for that.

I welcome strict moderating of the board rules. Don’t like it? Go away and let the grownups and non-bots talk about Jeeps.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.