Sponsored

Sooo, I need a new rear passenger window now!

• Thread starter Deleted member 24880
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 24880

Headed home from work today on the interstate and my rear passenger widow exploded. Sounded like a shotgun in my back seat went off. Not exactly sure what happened but was passing a fifth wheel camper and I assume he kicked something up. I have some nicks and scratched to the door as well. Guess I get to start looking at getting it fixed tomorrow after work. Crazy shit and scared the hell out of me. My dashcam video is very colorful. Hope the insurance company doesn’t mind. Anyone have a suggestion where to start? Only ever had a windshield replaced.

E34FB680-52DC-46DF-90C3-AD45AF2638B9.jpeg

F4AD8099-B75A-41D3-AE26-944DAC9F9DE1.jpeg
Sponsored

Staphylococcus0

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel Gecko Gladiator, aka Ostentatious.
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Machinist
I'd talk to your insurance agent. They will probably have certain shops that their company has worked deals with.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Holy crap! Sorry that happened and it’s good it didn’t cause you to swerve. I had something similar…I drive a work van for work and one day I was passing a semi going 75 (speed limit) and the tire exploded right next to me. It sounded like a bomb went off and the tire went flying everywhere, a big chunk flew up and smashed into my windshield. It’s scary when it happens because you’re not expecting it to happen.

OP
OP

Deleted member 24880

I'd talk to your insurance agent. They will probably have certain shops that their company has worked deals with.
Yeah that will be my first stop after work tomorrow. I am assuming the company I have used in the past for windshields will take care of it. Guess I can do the redneck black garbage bag or duct tape cardboard until it’s fixed. LOL

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
That's scary. Good thing you had no passengers back there.

Sponsored

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I was driving through downtown Wilmington, NC in my supercharged Nissan Frontier years ago when it was practically new. A guy weed eating kicked up a rock and did the same thing to the same window. I think I had State Farm and they covered it all.

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Waay back in 1982 when my now 40 year old son was an infant in car seat in the right rear position. I had a then new first year Honda Accord sedan - the first year they made the newer/squarer body.

I was in the right lane and a semi was exiting down an off ramp. It kicked up the metal strap of a semi truck mudflap - I think about 1/8" x about 2" x 18" piece of metal. It was spinning and cut THROUGH the rear passenger door about 5-6" long!! It would have killed my son if the door panel hadn't stopped it. It was hanging out of the door when I stopped to see what had hit us. Scares me to really consider what could happen driving with the doors off. I have grand daughters that are the lights of my life. I'll never take a chance with their safety, period.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap! Sorry that happened and it’s good it didn’t cause you to swerve. I had something similar…I drive a work van for work and one day I was passing a semi going 75 (speed limit) and the tire exploded right next to me. It sounded like a bomb went off and the tire went flying everywhere, a big chunk flew up and smashed into my windshield. It’s scary when it happens because you’re not expecting it to happen.
Years ago we towed in a car that stopped after a semi tire exploded and send a chunk of tire through the radiator - totally trashed it and ripped the belts off the engine.

There used to be a show on TV - something like 911 or Rescue 911 or whatever - and there were several episodes that showed the results of stuff being kicked up by the big trucks, or coming off the trucks, impaling people, smashing windshields, etc.

---------------------
KEOKUK COUNTY, Iowa (KGAN) - A deer hit by a car and sent flying into the air, crashed through the windshield of a second car killing the driver, according to the Iowa State Patrol. ... The deer went through the windshield and hit the driver. Donald Burdick, 45 of North English, died from his injuries.Feb 20, 2020

Dec 24, 2018 — An eastern Iowa woman was killed Sunday after being struck by a deer that smashed through the windshield of a vehicle she was in, Iowa State ...

Eastern Iowa Man Killed When Deer Goes Through Windshield ...https://www.newsbreak.com › North English, IA
A Wednesday evening accident in Keokuk County has killed a North English man. According to the Iowa State Patrol, a 2016 Toyota Camry was traveling west on ...

--------------------------

- doesn't matter how great a driver you are (or think you are) sh!t happens that you can't control. Every trip on the road is a risk to property and life.

Thankfully this was only a window. Imagine someone riding there, window open or down, or door off, whatever, who knows.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Years ago we towed in a car that stopped after a semi tire exploded and send a chunk of tire through the radiator - totally trashed it and ripped the belts off the engine.

There used to be a show on TV - something like 911 or Rescue 911 or whatever - and there were several episodes that showed the results of stuff being kicked up by the big trucks, or coming off the trucks, impaling people, smashing windshields, etc.

---------------------
KEOKUK COUNTY, Iowa (KGAN) - A deer hit by a car and sent flying into the air, crashed through the windshield of a second car killing the driver, according to the Iowa State Patrol. ... The deer went through the windshield and hit the driver. Donald Burdick, 45 of North English, died from his injuries.Feb 20, 2020

Dec 24, 2018 — An eastern Iowa woman was killed Sunday after being struck by a deer that smashed through the windshield of a vehicle she was in, Iowa State ...

Eastern Iowa Man Killed When Deer Goes Through Windshield ...https://www.newsbreak.com › North English, IA
A Wednesday evening accident in Keokuk County has killed a North English man. According to the Iowa State Patrol, a 2016 Toyota Camry was traveling west on ...

--------------------------

- doesn't matter how great a driver you are (or think you are) sh!t happens that you can't control. Every trip on the road is a risk to property and life.

Thankfully this was only a window. Imagine someone riding there, window open or down, or door off, whatever, who knows.
So true! It’s scary what can happen so you have to stay alert at all times.