Sound Dampening Hard Top Headliner?

MojaveRay

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
So....I know thst HotHead Headliners are getting pretty decent reviews...but I was curious...anybody using anything else instead of Hothead or Mopar?

I know on Amazon you can find a ton of different sound dampening material...and I used some on my 64 Nova...just seeing what others have tried.
Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
My Mojave came with the Mopar one and I added the Hot heads sound assassins to help

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Honestly the quality of hotheads would never allow me to refer anyone else. Material, packing, and instructions were top notch

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
So....I know thst HotHead Headliners are getting pretty decent reviews...but I was curious...anybody using anything else instead of Hothead or Mopar?

I know on Amazon you can find a ton of different sound dampening material...and I used some on my 64 Nova...just seeing what others have tried.
there is another headliner out there that covers the entirety of the roof’s fiberglass that i didnt learn about until after i installed the Hot Heads. it looks much more upscale than anything else on the market. If i had it to do over again, i would get that headliner with the HH sound assassins. It did cost more, however. For the price, HH cnat be beat imo.

all that said is not a complaint against HH. It definitey does everything they promise, and i concur with @rvillano8188 post. its a great product that i like having every single time i drive the jeep. Responsive company, too. There was a problem with my order that was fixed in one phone call and a tracking number the next business day.

just make sure you thoroughly vacuum and leaf blow the fiber glass shavings out of the interior before starting with acetone.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
there is another headliner out there that covers the entirety of the roof’s fiberglass that i didnt learn about until after i installed the Hot Heads. it looks much more upscale than anything else on the market. If i had it to do over again, i would get that headliner with the HH sound assassins. It did cost more, however.
I know the one you’re referring to. It was quite a bit more than the Hot Heads, and they charged shipping on top of that. The Hot Heads ended up being almost half the price!

Kevin

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I know the one you’re referring to. It was quite a bit more than the Hot Heads, and they charged shipping on top of that. The Hot Heads ended up being almost half the price!

Kevin
i still would have bought it. But yes, I agree that if price is a factor HH cannot be beat. Its a great product And im another happy customer.

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
So what is this mystery headliner you speak of?

I am looking for a headliner mainly for noise reduction and not for thermal insulation.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
I’m sure they’re talking about these. Price is similar to HH.

I ordered these on Black Friday. I like the complete coverage.

https://www.coverking.com/more-covers/jeep/topliner.html

Only problem? Haven’t got them yet...new arrival date is MARCH!!

Other items ordered on Black Friday I’ve yet to receive?

Fox TS Steering Damper and TRED PRO recovery boards, so they’re not the only ones.

Jeep Gladiator Sound Dampening Hard Top Headliner? DD6BC8A8-F0B0-4D0A-9219-86D519D3E689

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
How hard would it be to make your own? This guy chose a hideous fabric, but he did a great execution. Some quilting batting might make the panels feel a little more cushy. I think I would paint the interior of the roof black first. The sky is the limit on what fabric to choose.

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
How hard would it be to make your own? This guy chose a hideous fabric, but he did a great execution. Some quilting batting might make the panels feel a little more cushy. I think I would paint the interior of the roof black first. The sky is the limit on what fabric to choose.

Covered my hotheads with fabric. I was looking for something other than the solid black or gray look. "you don't choose the fabric, the fabric chooses you".
Jeep Gladiator Sound Dampening Hard Top Headliner? 20201231_140753

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what is this mystery headliner you speak of?

I am looking for a headliner mainly for noise reduction and not for thermal insulation.
Yeah, the Cover King headliner is the one I was referring to.

Cardboard? Cardboard?!?
Damn, man, at least use some thin foamcore!

Kevin

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Yeah, the Cover King headliner is the one I was referring to.

Cardboard? Cardboard?!?
Damn, man, at least use some thin foamcore!

Kevin
Cardboard was just the template. He used 1/2" insulation board and explained how 3/4" would get in the way of the panel latches.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cardboard was just the template. He used 1/2" insulation board and explained how 3/4" would get in the way of the panel latches.
Oh...
That’s what I get for not watching a bit more of the video.

OP
OP
MojaveRay

MojaveRay

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Honestly the quality of hotheads would never allow me to refer anyone else. Material, packing, and instructions were top notch
Sounds like I will just save up and pull the trigger on them! All the reviews are killer...was just curious if people tried anything else.

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Wanted to inform you that we make insulated MOLLE Headliners that are made in the USA and ship for free! We also offer a 15% discount for fourm members using code: GLAD2020 at checkout.

Jeep Gladiator Sound Dampening Hard Top Headliner? IMG_20210124_133804_855

Jeep Gladiator Sound Dampening Hard Top Headliner? IMG_20210120_195952_995

Jeep Gladiator Sound Dampening Hard Top Headliner? IMG_20201227_104637_151
Sponsored