Sponsored

Spring Break in the Smoky Mountains (hoping all ends well)

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
At the beginning of the year the family and I were talking we would like to do something a bit different for spring break as we usually pack up the RV, UTV, and ATVs and go exploring. Well this year we decided we would hit the Smoky Mountains and do some light jeeping, and sight seeing. We got up before the crack of dawn, Wednesday morning, and headed for the Cade's Cove loop. It was a beautiful ride from our cabin and we entered the National park as the sun was coming up. It really was a sight. Unfortunately as we pulled up to the Gate to the trail, there was a park ranger closing it. She told us they were preparing for the high winds and did not want anyone to get caught out, with falling trees or possible wildfires. She said they were planning to shutdown the whole park. None the less we toured the park on the paved roads and got to enjoy the beautiful scenery without hardly any interruptions. Our family time was memorable and I couldn't ask for more. It was very sad on the way back to our cabin, as we witnessed the beginning of what is now called the Indigo road wildfire. We ended up leaving vacation early, as we felt the locals had better things to tend to then tourists at the moment. We will definitely be back.

The truck with its new wheels, door seals, abd always evolving tune did awesome on the 10 hour drive there and back. I have about got cruise nailed, and was knocking down 16mpg even with crazy amounts of wind and mountains 😁

0330221051_HDR.jpg

0330220847_HDR.jpg

0330220900_HDR.jpg

0329221600a_HDR.jpg

0330220911a_HDR.jpg

0329221030_HDR.jpg

0330220850_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I love that place:). Only been once. Glad you had fun, sorry you had to leave early due to a fire:/

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
So we were out there last October and thought it was beautiful. Visited that same exact Cades Cove Jeep location and also did the Loop. Definitely a great experience and we had rented a basic 4 cylinder jeep the entire week were out there. But yeah again such a great experience and I'm glad you shared the pictures as it brought back memories of the beauty of the area. Oh and Jeeps are huuuuge out there. Seemed to see them everywhere we went.

On another note, the last day we were there vacationing in Pigeon Forge we randomly decided to skip our flight home, buy my new gladiator, and drive all the way back to San Diego California. Haha. What a crazy trip.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
So we were out there last October and thought it was beautiful. Visited that same exact Cades Cove Jeep location and also did the Loop. Definitely a great experience and we had rented a basic 4 cylinder jeep the entire week were out there. But yeah again such a great experience and I'm glad you shared the pictures as it brought back memories of the beauty of the area. Oh and Jeeps are huuuuge out there. Seemed to see them everywhere we went.

On another note, the last day we were there vacationing in Pigeon Forge we randomly decided to skip our flight home, buy my new gladiator, and drive all the way back to San Diego California. Haha. What a crazy trip.
That is awesome, I would love doing something like that, but I don't think my other half could handle that much spontaneity. That definitely sounds like memories in the making.