Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Ok folks, I plan to purchase the Steersmarts YETI XD tie rod, drag link and adjustable track bar. I have read several posts where people have said putting all three of these beefy YETI XD components on leaves no room for steering stabilizers. I want to know if it can be done and if you truly do get full articulation along with left and right steering.

If it can be done....
What lift and height do you have, what steering stabilizer and how the heck you accomplished it!

Here's my buy list. Feel free to chime in if I have something not needed, missing something or it's all FUBAR:

1. Yeti XD Drag Link
2. Yeti XD Tie Rod
3. Yeti XD Front Adj. Track Bar
4. Yeti XD Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket
5. Yeti XD Aluminum Steering Stabilizer Damper Bracket
6. Synergy Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace
7. Yeti XD Track Bar Relocation Bracket... Do I need this? Is it in lieu of the Stabilizer relocation bracket?

Some background on my rig. I will be putting 17x9.5 rims on (-18mm) with Nitto 35s and the Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit. Sometime during the next 1-2yrs I will be doing some work again so what I do now needs to work for the future: 37s, a Rock Krawler Pro-X 3" lift and the Falcon SP2 3.3 shocks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Hey :bandit:

yes I have steersmarts steering components. I have a flipped draglink, trackbar with raised bracket and tierod... all for the rubicon. I went a Metalcloak 3.5” gamechanger lift, in which they don’t recommend a flipped draglink(in which I did anyways for bump steer removal) and the falcon 2.2 steering stabilizer from a “JK”.

with what you described above you should be able to do 1-6 without any issues if you use the standard mount on the draglink. Technically, you have to be above a 4”of lift to use the drag flip and the raised trackbar bracket. If you use the JK style nexus 2.2, you don’t need 4 or 5 on your list ( just have to use the 1 5/8” clamp size for the tierod side)

I hope this helps...

And now my opinion ( if you can swing it... just get your dream lift now with the 37’s) it will save you tIme and money, especially if a shop is going todo the work for you.

mans yes I love driving my rig... all the steering upgrades transfom the ride.

918F4A54-F907-48EB-87BC-75BE55270AB9.jpeg

EEE97634-A46C-4999-9E00-A74EBC94A85C.jpeg

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
And now my opinion ( if you can swing it... just get your dream lift now with the 37’s) it will save you tIme and money, especially if a shop is going todo the work for you.
Thanks for the feed back! Do you know what the advantages/disadvantages are to doing the "JK" steering stabilizer over the JL/JT? Is the shock different? It looks like the JK version costs less, if that's the case that is one advantage. But do I lose something (flex, clearance, strength etc) by not doing the JL/JL version and using the relocation brackets?

I could afford it now, but it's just more than I want to shell out and it's my daily driver. Plus re-gearing for the 37s is not something I want to shell out the $1800 around here that it costs. Since it is my daily driver I'm trying to go easy on how badly I kill the mpgs! I'd rather keep it close to stock for a let the jeep break in.

35s and a leveling kit looks good on the rubicon and will suffice for now

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Thanks for the feed back! Do you know what the advantages/disadvantages are to doing the "JK" steering stabilizer over the JL/JT? Is the shock different? It looks like the JK version costs less, if that's the case that is one advantage. But do I lose something (flex, clearance, strength etc) by not doing the JL/JL version and using the relocation brackets?

I could afford it now, but it's just more than I want to shell out and it's my daily driver. Plus re-gearing for the 37s is not something I want to shell out the $1800 around here that it costs. Since it is my daily driver I'm trying to go easy on how badly I kill the mpgs! I'd rather keep it close to stock for a let the jeep break in.

35s and a leveling kit looks good on the rubicon and will suffice for now
the shock is the same between the two of them jk/JL but they mount differently. The JL/jt version mounts low on the axle And extends to the corner of the tie rod by your steering knuckle and the jk version attaches through the trackbar bolt on the axle side to the tie rod and its position is high... look at the picture I posted at where it sits and then go look at your stock one. The advantage of having it high is that if you go through rocks you have less chance of destroying the stabilizer. The disadvantage is that if you don’t have enough lift you can destroy the shock when your axle up travels.
Also... if you take the JL version and use the relocation brackets you can run into the same thing as the JK version if you don’t have enough lift. Honestly, I’m not sure if a raised stabilizer has enough clearance with just a level on your ride... that’s a question a shop can answer .
Sponsored