rymac986

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I have the latest firmware (11.2.8) and I’ve noticed the following:

1. After I shut off the Jeep and open the door to get out, the radio turns on by itself for about 10 seconds or so. Hitting the power button has no effect, however volume control does work. The screen stays blank. (7”)
  2. Sometimes the turn signal camera gets stuck on for about 30 seconds or so, instead of cancelling with the turn signal.
  3. My audio equalizer settings don’t seem to stick. Every time I have to re-set the values.
I emailed Z Automotive and got an immediate response. He suggested unmarrying, full reboot, and 2 sleep cycles. I tried it and it worked for about a day but now it’s back to the same. Anyone else noticed this?
Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
2. Sometimes the turn signal camera gets stuck on for about 30 seconds or so, instead of cancelling with the turn signal.

3. My audio equalizer settings don’t seem to stick. Every time I have to re-set the values.
I've experienced 2 and 3. Same firmware, same 7" display. For the turn signal, a second tap of the turn signal always cancels it.
On the EQ, I really can't confirm it's the tazer, since I installed the tazer almost as soon as I got home from dealer. In general the whole uconnect thing has seems buggy, even for people without a tazer. IDK, some might be my old ass phone too. Things like android auto not always starting, and having to unplug and replug in the phone a few times to get it to work. Or stopping for gas and when I restart the radio doesn't come back on.Little things that I can't say for sure are tazer.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Tazer has been having a really rough time with bugs lately. Maybe they have a new engineer on it?

OP
OP
rymac986

rymac986

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ian from Z Automotive has been excellent and very responsive to e-mails. No fix yet, but he is going to send me a new one once I get mine unmarried and sent back.

OP
OP
rymac986

rymac986

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my replacement, but unfortunately it is still doing the same. The new one arrived with 11.3.0 firmware. Disappointed, but pleased with the responsiveness of tech support. Hoping for a fix soon!

Sponsored

OP
OP
rymac986

rymac986

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else experiencing this? Updated to 11.3.1 successfully today, but as soon as I did my computer stopped connecting to it via the usb cable.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I had 11.30 I think and my lights turned off when I was activating cruise control. No dash lights or head lights, while going 70 at night. Scary shit and it happened twice. I took it out and downgraded to 11.25. The lights haven't gone out but my lightship has activated a couple times after touching the cruise control buttons. I can't have that happen, will get a ticket quick. I'm ready to just pay the dealer to activate my camera and aux buttons. ESS doesn't work anyway, always charging. I like the pulse the brake light function but I can get a 25.00 module for that.
Sponsored