Tazer issue

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Installed tazer and didn’t program as I was going to put new tires on and just wanted the thing installed. After I got to the tire shop, the vehicle would not allow the technician to move in forward or reverse , it kept saying the auto park engaged. I unmarried the unit and pulled it out and had no issues. Just seeing why this occurred.
Sponsored

OP
OP

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
@foxman350

Are you familiar with how "auto park" works?

Was the Tech / You, trying to move the JT with the driver's side door open and the driver's side seat belt not in use?

I follow the Tazer JL thing very closely and have NEVER seen any Tazer JL owner report this happening,
Probably was the seat belt as neither one of us had it on, wasn’t aware you couldn’t drive without seat belt

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
It's not the seatbelt, it's the door open. I did that to myself yesterday backing my travel trailer into storage. People got killed running themselves over with their own Jeeps, so the computers put the truck in park when you open the door with your seatbelt off.

It's so natural to open the door with a trailer, as to be a bit confusing - the service tech at our trailer dealership gave up and had me move my truck.

Nothing to do with Tazer.

Probably was the seat belt as neither one of us had it on, wasn’t aware you couldn’t drive without seat belt

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I caught my lack of clarification, you are right door open & seatbelt off - but again, a natural thing to do without thinking about the combination. As my buddy said yesterday, "my old Jeep will let me do what I want and kill me just fine".

@brianinca

You need to research "auto park" .. as seat belt and door are both part of it.
Sponsored