Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Traffic Local Government
That's my bet also.

Its a $5 piece of hardware. What you are paying for is the intellectual property associated with the software contained in that $5 dongle.
I hope it’s that simple. And that I can get it replaced. I got it on Amazon so I’ll see what they do about it.
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
The Tazer plugs into the security bypass, if you didn’t properly seat the module, there’s a good chance you didn’t get it plugged in at all. Based on your description that’s what it appears to have happened.

Also, read the instructions thoroughly. There is a specific set of steps to get it working and a lot of folks leave that part out of their posts when they have issues.

OP
OP
RWDone

RWDone

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Traffic Local Government
The Tazer plugs into the security bypass, if you didn’t properly seat the module, there’s a good chance you didn’t get it plugged in at all. Based on your description that’s what it appears to have happened.

Also, read the instructions thoroughly. There is a specific set of steps to get it working and a lot of folks leave that part out of their posts when they have issues.
Not much else I can do if the power on the gladiator turns completely off when Tazer is installed. Yes I read the install PDF and watched many YouTube videos on it. Since I can’t turn the truck on accessories to set it up because I have no power to the start button I’m pretty sure it’s not something I did.

OP
OP
RWDone

RWDone

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Traffic Local Government

Talked to Z automotive and they say it’s most likely a bad unit. I will update this when I receive the replacement

Sponsored

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Talked to Z automotive and they say it’s most likely a bad unit. I will update this when I receive the replacement
Receive your replacement? Looking for confirmation the Tazer Mini works on a 22 before I order. Thanks!

OP
OP
RWDone

RWDone

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Traffic Local Government
Why wouldn't it work? Literally everything is the exact same on 20-22 years.
Replacement worked great. Had a bad pin on first one. Already setup a front facing camera, reverse camera on turn signal.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Why wouldn't it work? Literally everything is the exact same on 20-22 years.
Hey, I mean "Literally everything is the exact same on 20-22 years" is definitely not true. ECM & TPMS sensors were changed on late 2021 models that appears to have carried over into 2022. Can I not ask the simple question to confirm Tazer worked on their 2022? My bad.

Replacement worked great. Had a bad pin on first one. Already setup a front facing camera, reverse camera on turn signal.
Thanks @RWDone
Sponsored