Sponsored

Tazer mini will not marry

bk030

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
I picked up my new 2021 6 speed manual Rubicon yesterday afternoon. I updated the tazer and hooked everything up. The tazer has green lights that blink. I let the evic go through it's thing. I then go to the audio screen, hold the left arrow button and tap the cruise cancel button. I don't get any of the menu options.
I have tried firmware versions 11.2.5 and the beta version 11.2.6 with the same results. I disconnected the tazer and tried again with the same results.
Has anyone experienced this? I sent an email to support and am waiting a response. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP

bk030

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
@bk030

The Setup Menu is accessed with the ignition ON but engine NOT running.

You
@bk030

The Setup Menu is accessed with the ignition ON but engine NOT running.

You will get faster support via text....
Text Joe at 631-533-3363 and ask him..
Do not call the #. Text only. Joe will get back to you pretty quickly.
Thanks for the info Pepe... I did try with the ignition in both "accessory" and "run" positions, but didn't mention in my original post. I will reach out to Joe and see what he has to say.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
OP
OP

bk030

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
I'm pretty sure I had the same exact problem and symptoms as you when I installed mine. I emailed Z-Automotive.
I had to do a recovery and reboot on my laptop. All is good.
How do you do the recovery? Do you just click on the recovery button in the computer app?

OP
OP

bk030

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
@bk030

Wait til you hear back from Joe.. but my guess is he will say use recovery..

You will use the ZPU Utility, and with "Recovery Mode" , reflash the Tazer refurb with the most current firmware for the Tazer JL.
I just tried the recovery mode... no luck. I'll reach out to Joe tomorrow and see what he says. I don't want to bother him on a Sunday night.

OP
OP

bk030

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Ian fron ZAutomotive got back to me today with some suggestions that ultimately did not work. They are sending me another unit. Hopefully when it shows up all will be good. Thanks for everyone's help.
Sponsored