The Desert Wranglers

Talon_Wolfe

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Firecracker Red
So I bought my Gladiator over at Chapman, they were great. Over in parts, they hand me a card for the Desert Wranglers saying are they a great group of people to go off-roading with (lot of experience, great teachers, cool people, etc). So I follow the instructions on the card which sends me to a MeetUp site where I try to register with the group. I send the a required email with required information they requested, altered my MeetUp profile to meet their requirements, and in an email they did say they had some Gladiators in their group.

So since that point a few days ago, Iā€™ve heard nothing from them. However, I found out a friend of mine is a member of the group and encouraged me to join (I told her I was trying). Subsequently while at Chapman I met an older guy named Rick who was the leader of this group. My salesman Ron introduced us and told him I as a Gladiator owner who wanted to get involved with the Wranglers. I added that I had already applied online. He just smiled and nodded and shook my hand. He seemed like a nice enough guy.

Days later, my friend In the Wranglers told me that ā€˜they donā€™t allow Gladiators in their clubā€™ because the longer wheel base is problematic for the group, and that there may be some sort of separate Gladiator off road group. She assured me that Rick was a great guy with a stellar reputation, so I can only imagine he must have just felt a bit ā€˜on the spotā€™ which is why he didnā€™t tell me that (presuming it is correct) when I met him.

So... Iā€™m still waiting for the official word from them on whether Iā€™m in or not in or what the deal is. In the meantime, do you guys know of any other local off-road groups?
Sponsored

Rubicon Bob

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Rubi, 17 Grand Cherokee, 2020 GCM LE Gladiator
I know a friend of my that was told the same thing. There are several other groups in town. Vegas Valley 4 wheelers VV4W is one group. Unfortunately, the only way to find out about them is to go to a meeting. There is no info on their website. Also quite a few of their members also belong to Desert Wranglers. I quit being a member about 6 years ago for various reasons. There is another club called Nevada Backroaders. I am a member of that club. They are into more of the scenic trails, as compared to going over rocks. Details can be found at www.nevadabackroaders.com.

OP
OP
Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know a friend of my that was told the same thing. There are several other groups in town. Vegas Valley 4 wheelers VV4W is one group. Unfortunately, the only way to find out about them is to go to a meeting. There is no info on their website. Also quite a few of their members also belong to Desert Wranglers. I quit being a member about 6 years ago for various reasons. There is another club called Nevada Backroaders. I am a member of that club. They are into more of the scenic trails, as compared to going over rocks. Details can be found at www.nevadabackroaders.com.
I appreciate the info!

OP
OP
Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As of today, I just got my official welcome packet from the Desert Wranglers! So, I got that going for me... :)

YEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Hey there,
Rob here, I live in Pahrump and have a Black JT. If any of you wanna do any trails in Death Valley itā€™s my stomping ground, I know the area and have worked out there for the last 15yrs. Would love to have a convoy of JTs wheelin the area. Hit me up if any of you are interested, I usually hit the trails on Sun,mon,or tues.

Sponsored

BackcountryNV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Ecommerce
Hey there,
Rob here, I live in Pahrump and have a Black JT. If any of you wanna do any trails in Death Valley itā€™s my stomping ground, I know the area and have worked out there for the last 15yrs. Would love to have a convoy of JTs wheelin the area. Hit me up if any of you are interested, I usually hit the trails on Sun,mon,or tues.
I'm a bit late to the party but did you guys ever get something together? I'm up for a convoy, been itching to get out to DV.

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
Hey everyone, sorry Iā€™m late to the party. Are you guys still doing meet ups? Just got my JT, and would like someone or a group to help show me the ropes.
Sponsored