Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator(ordered), 2013 Jeep JK
Occupation
Restaurant manager
Hey all,

New to the forum but not Jeeps. I've been reading and trying to get as much info as i can because i have weeks to go before i take delivery of my new 2021 Firecracker Red Willys Gladiator. I am coming from a 2013 JK 2 door. Lifted, bigger tires, all the fun stuff. Wife and I are trying for a family so i knew i needed to get something a little bigger.

A few weeks ago it really started for me, i was toying with he idea of selling my wrangler and once my heater-core went i knew it was a sign. I chose the WIllys because i like the style, the black grill, rock rails, hood and tailgate decals, black rims and basic interior. I'm not one for power locks and windows, i couldn't afford to go for the rubicon and i wanted a stick. I dont tow much other then my jetskis in the summer and a landscape trailer every now and then so max tow wasnt really needed. I did opt for the tow package though. First vehicle i'll own with a backup camera.

I've started looking for upgrades and i dont even have it yet haha. I have plenty of space in my basement for goodies so i am asking for some info or suggestions on some parts. Down the road will be a bigger lift, 37's, driveshafts, all that good stuff. For now, while we are looking for a house and most of our extra money goes towards a down payment, i'm looking for some easy upgrades. The willys comes with 32's and i know most stay the mud terrains are loud and have road wonder but its a jeep and I've had M/Ts on my old TJ so im not scared. I am looking for advice on a leveling kit. Ive seen ones form $99 up to $1k. What is a good basic one that isnt going to require a ton of changes, shock, driveshafts, brake lines things like that. I know you get what you pay for so i dont want to get something just to get it. From experience with my JK i know how important drive-line angles are so if adding upper adjustable control arms are needed i will take that into consideration since some kits come with them. After the M/T's are worn i will move up to 35's but i'd like to get it level for now.

I did not order the bed liner or the tonneau cover so I'm interested it getting that stuff aftermarket. I herculined my old TJ interior and wanted to see if thats worth doing or if anyone has done that themselves, or if spending the extra to have to a line X or rhino liner sprayed in is the way to go, either way for now i was thinking of adding a bed liner, a weather tech or something similar so my stuff doesn't slide around of the bed get to scratched up until i have the funds to get it lined. I am also interested in the bed cover. Just something that rolls up easy that can keep anything form getting soaked or dirty when off road.

I cant wait till my Gladiator comes in, and look forward to anything info i can get before then.

Thanks,

Cale
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Welcome.
Lots of helpful information on this forum if you search. There are sub forums for wheels and tonneau covers and anything else you'll want to get your hands on.