Thoughts on Diamondback SE?

MontanaJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
I'm thinking about getting the diamond SE now that I see this can be used to secure and haul a 14' kayak. Does this fit with the trail rail management system? Also, how easy is it to remove the entire cover? How much does it weight?
It takes 5 minutes or less to take the entire cover off. It works only with the trail rail system. It can be put on by one person. Clamps on easy with 4 clamps in the middle. It has bolt on ladder racks with a capacity of 300 pounds static
Sponsored

DR1428

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon String Gray
Occupation
Public Safety
Can you elaborate a bit on the weather/dust issue? I don't need one that's 100% water tight, but 95% water tight would be nice. I plan to use this rig mostly for overlanding. The stuff in the back can take some water and dust, but I'd rather it not get saturated.
I have an SE on my Gladiator. It leaks everytime it rains! How much depends on the severity of the rain. A light rain, just some. A heavy blowing rain, stand by! Also the center section when tightened down, wrapped my bed rails. Not sure if it's permanent, but I've asked for a refund from Diamondback. I followed the dierections to a tee, but I think there are some design flaws with that center section and how it seals!