Tire Deflators for AEV Borah

W33kend_Warrior

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Please tell me somebody has a solution similar to Apex Performance/Monster Valves on specifically the AEV Borah wheels.

Both the products above are incompatible and I wanted to see if others are using this wheel and their methods to airing down other than a stock valve.
Sponsored

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
The deep recessed holes on the Borah wheels are a pain with clip on (sleeve-type) chucks and even the PowerTank inflator which is a little smaller profile. On the other hand the valve is well protected. I really don’t worry about loosing my valve stem in the rocks.

I looked at monster valves when I bought the Borahs and having to drill and tap my new wheels turned me off from them.

The thing is, with a commercial or diy 4 tire inflation rig, I can deflate 4 37” tires from 28 lbs down to 15psi in sub 2 minutes with normal valves. And a lot of the time in the process is stopping and checking the current pressure. I can inflate all 4 tires back up to pressure in another 1 1/2 minutes with a PowerTank. I just don’t see that I’m gaining much by reducing that small amount of time with monster valves. With a compressor it takes more time but if speed is an issue, just get a Co2 system.

I takes longer to get the hoses out and packed back up than to inflate or deflate the tires. I takes longer to stop on the trail, stretch my legs and pee than to inflate/deflate tires.

The other issue is that if I’m half way across the country and did have an issue with these valves I can’t just pop into the local auto parts store and grab a replacement. I would have to carry spares. It’s one more special aftermarket part to worry about. They’re definitely a cool novelty but I don’t think the gains are necessarily worth it.
Sponsored