First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
I just put a set of BFG KO2's on my Gladiator and wonder if I should run the pressure at the recommended pressure on the door (38psi). I'm not loading the bed with anything or climbing thru the rocks. Tire size is 275/70R 18.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Not2Late

First Name
Tarik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2017 Jeep JK
Occupation
Education
Try this test:

Also realize that if you go too far off of what the door sticker says the tire sensors may through tire presure warning code.

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
So the new tires are 275/70R18?
I swapped to 295/70R18 Falken AT3 on my 80AE and run those at 32 psi checked at 70 degrees temperature.
Many will recommend the chalk test, which gets you close, but the best method is using an infrared temp gun and checking the temperature across the tread after a drive.
Hotter in the middle is overinflated, hotter on the outside edges is under inflated.
My main issue with the chalk test is that some tires, such as the Milestar Patagonias are crowned tires and aren’t supposed to have a full contact patch in a chalk test. Setting them where they do is greatly under inflated and will lead to premature wear.

Short answer—-set your pressure around 32 when it’s about 70 out and you should be pretty good.
As mentioned above, you’ll likely end up with TPMS warnings especially when the temperature drops, so get something like Jscan to change the warning threshold.
Sponsored