Sponsored

Turn signal out message but no light changes were made

AdamH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon, 23 Wagoneer, 83 Scrambler
Little different issue than what I have searched and read through on here. My 2022 JTR came with LEDs and have had zero issues in 17k miles. Recently I installed a lift that required me to unplug the harness at the rear then plug back in (to install the Teraflex Long travel rear sway bar). Plugged harness back in and went to start the Jeep.

All lights work. Absolutely no issues anywhere visually. However now I am getting the driver's turn signal out message on the dash. Again, I have not changed any of my factory LEDs - only unplugged them then back in.

Even though all lights are working I unplugged them again to ensure a good tight connection the 2nd time. I still have the error.

I have read about using a programmer to turn off this message but those threads deal with converting to LEDs. I didn't change a single light.

Any idea before going to the dreaded dealer?
Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I'd try a power reset. Disconnect all grounds at the main battery and IBS. Leave off for at least 15 minutes, longer if convenient. Reconnect and give it a good 12 hours.

OP
OP

AdamH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd try a power reset. Disconnect all grounds at the main battery and IBS. Leave off for at least 15 minutes, longer if convenient. Reconnect and give it a good 12 hours.
I'll try that today after work. Thanks

OP
OP

AdamH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I disconnected the battery grounds but forgot the others. I did turn my lights on to try and drain the energy down. Let it sit for about 10 minutes after the lights went out. Message is still there.

I am away from the Jeep for a week now. My plan is to try this again but with the additional grounds removed.

OP
OP

AdamH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: I took apart the connector again and noticed a bent spade. Interesting that the lights still functioned perfectly fine. Straightened it out and did the complete shut down with all negatives isolated for 30 minutes. Now all is good!
Sponsored