Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
Let me preface with background on issue:
Dealer upgraded the radio in my Sport-S prior to my purchase to the 8.4 updated Overland radio. I attempted to try and use the "auto-level" function, and the radio would play for 5 seconds, quiet for 5 seconds, play....Took to dealer, they found an internal fault. They ordered a replacement. The original replacement arrived, with the correct box/part number, but the WRONG RADIO in the box. SMH. They got that corrected. Now, here is part 2:

Since the radio was replaced, I had to have Sirus move my subscription over to the new radio. They couldn't move my "trial" over, so gave me a deal like I had prior in my old vehicle...$34.00 for all channels. Great! For almost a week, I kept getting "subscription updating" everytime I started the vehicle. It appears to have stopped.

But the issue appears to be with U-Connect. I used to be able to use the app, "Google" a location, then send the location to the vehicle. That doesn't work now. Does something need to be tweaked with U-Connect to know where to send the msg to the "new" radio? I would think that the radio and the VIN are tied in together. Or is this something that needs to be addressed along with Part 1 (auto volume issues again)?

I really like my Gladiator, but these tiny inconviences are giving me a headache :)
Sponsored

garzilla

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
Let me preface with background on issue:
Dealer upgraded the radio in my Sport-S prior to my purchase to the 8.4 updated Overland radio. I attempted to try and use the "auto-level" function, and the radio would play for 5 seconds, quiet for 5 seconds, play....Took to dealer, they found an internal fault. They ordered a replacement. The original replacement arrived, with the correct box/part number, but the WRONG RADIO in the box. SMH. They got that corrected. Now, here is part 2:

Since the radio was replaced, I had to have Sirus move my subscription over to the new radio. They couldn't move my "trial" over, so gave me a deal like I had prior in my old vehicle...$34.00 for all channels. Great! For almost a week, I kept getting "subscription updating" everytime I started the vehicle. It appears to have stopped.

But the issue appears to be with U-Connect. I used to be able to use the app, "Google" a location, then send the location to the vehicle. That doesn't work now. Does something need to be tweaked with U-Connect to know where to send the msg to the "new" radio? I would think that the radio and the VIN are tied in together. Or is this something that needs to be addressed along with Part 1 (auto volume issues again)?

I really like my Gladiator, but these tiny inconviences are giving me a headache :)
Sounds like just as the Sirius trial didn't transfer, neither did the other connectivity services