Sponsored

Uconnect 5" to used 7" Swap

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Hey all, what is the process/what does it take to swap a 5" radio with a 7" one? I see folks mentioning unlock codes, and I assume you need to enter that code once you plug the 7" in? Is it truly just plug and play?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Jmo13523

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator 2019 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Police officer
If you have the code it’s plug and play except you lose the volume knob unless you swap out the hvac controls too.

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
You didn't ask but just figured I'd throw out there, changing out the radio, even to another jeep one, ends your warranty coverage on those components. So if your new to you 7" bites the dust you'll be on your own and now paying for a third one.

Thats what convinced me from upgrading my 5" to the 7" or 8.3". Went aftermarket instead and plenty happy, looks stock fitment wise and came with 3 years warranty.

Jmo13523

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator 2019 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Police officer
May want to do some research about that while the radio will work I’ve heard that the back up cameras are not compatible from the JL to the JT and you’ll get a blue screen. While I don’t have any experience with that(my swapped unit came from a JT) it’s something to think about
Sponsored