Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I added some blue ridge overland medium storage pouches to the back of the seat. There is not a lot of storage in these so every bit helps.

Jeep Gladiator Usethis83 Gobi Rubicon Project 6610

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! I know ICON is big with the Tacoma crowd; not as popular with Jeepers. Really interested in hearing your impressions, as that looks like a great product!
So overall I like the stabilizer. It has a nice even feel left to right and does pretty well. But not markedly better than stock. I do like it up out of the way. It feels less secure than the stocker when going over train tracks. And big holes.

Ordering and install was a pita. Icon kept sending the wrong size fittings for the clamp. Things happen, I get it, but 3 times and no apology for the continued mixup. It happens.

Install is a little wonky because it is hard to get a straight shot to drill the bracket. They provide a longer bolt to accommodate the stabilizer mount, but it bumps the head size to 22 mil and so even with a slim socket it is difficult to fit on and torque properly.

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have seen some pretty entertaining posts on trailer brake controllers. It too prefer the look of the factory unit, but I don't want to give up my 12v plug that I would use more than the controller itself. I also did not like all the diode, no diode.......stock, no stock etc uncertaint. So I went a different route with an older unit I have experience with. The way I mounted it I can install and remove if from the truck in about 2 minutes. So I will only leave it in while trailering. It attaches nice and is easy to reach for the lever if needed.
Jeep Gladiator Usethis83 Gobi Rubicon Project 20201123_083152

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
No concern that Tekonsha states the P3 should be mounted parallel to the direction of travel?

P3.jpg

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that is a problem I did not consider. I will try to come up with something removable underneath the dash panel. I really like the idea of removable for my use.

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So I moved the unit to a traditional place. I was not wild about drilling into the dash so I kept it on the removal/replaceable panel. Thanks Andy for the logic check, much better to know now and not on the interstate with a trailer.
Jeep Gladiator Usethis83 Gobi Rubicon Project 20201124_080056

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
So I moved the unit to a traditional place. I was not wild about drilling into the dash so I kept it on the removal/replaceable panel. Thanks Andy for the logic check, much better to know now and not on the interstate with a trailer.
I only use the P3. It is a great unit. From what I remember the mounting location is important as you can change the settings in the unit to get the desired braking results you're after. It monitors your braking and can make proportional braking changes. So it has to know which direction you're going. Smart little unit.

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I only use the P3. It is a great unit. From what I remember the mounting location is important as you can change the settings in the unit to get the desired braking results you're after. It monitors your braking and can make proportional braking changes. So it has to know which direction you're going. Smart little unit.
Skynet..

Sponsored

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I really liked the clean look of the oem bumper, but I wanted some bright off road only lights. Baja designs squadron pros allowed me to use the fog light pocket (which I rarely used anyway) and keep the clean look. These are the pros, not the sae approved road version. Only the best and made in USA.

Jeep Gladiator Usethis83 Gobi Rubicon Project 20201225_094952

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I also picked up some amber lenses to try later.

Jeep Gladiator Usethis83 Gobi Rubicon Project 20201225_094957

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
About to pull the trigger on a set of the Squadron Flush Mounts. How do you like them?
I like them a lot . There is nice adjustability in the supplied bracket that mounts to the fogs. So I am still playing with the angle I like. But right out of the gate they are super bright (these are the pros) and the wiring harness plugs right into the factor fogs. It doesnt get easier. Plus made in USA
Sponsored