Website
pixeleight.org
Vehicle(s)
2011 Express Van, 22 Gobi Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Artist
Hi Everyone, I am new to the thread.
It is great thread some good info.

Few things I have not come across and wondering if anyone has more clarity.

01. Has anyone used Costco auto program?
https://www.costco.com/auto-program-services.html

02. What dealers in Phoenix should I stay away from?

03. How Nervous does it make you ordering a JT knowing that financing is not secured until about delivery?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
1. Yes, but usually the high volume dealers that are out of state will give you a better deal than the Costco one.

2. I don’t live in phoenix, sorry. If you do some googling some folks have had success getting a discount at Chapman stores iirc. Do some more googling.

3. Is your credit in order, your job in order and do you have a down payment outside of the initial deposit? If you answer no to the first two maybe rethink financing a vehicle and if you said no to the 3rd think about saving a little more.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
A $65 Costco membership gets you $500 off of MSRP.
A $100 Tread Lightly membership will get you 7-8% off of Invoice. For me that was around $8000 below Invoice.
Stay away from every dealer in Phoenix. Order from Kent's Jeep Squad in Idaho and let the fun begin.
I wanted to pay cash for my Gobi Gladiator but got a better deal by financing through the dealer for a short amount of time.
Search the forum, there are several below invoice dealers out there. No need whatsoever to shop local.

Last edited:

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
A $100 membership will get you 7-8% off of Invoice. For me that was around $8000 below Invoice.
Stay away from every dealer in Phoenix. Order from Kent's Jeep Squad in Idaho and let the fun begin.
I wanted to pay cash for my Gobi Gladiator but got a better deal by financing through the dealer for a short amount of time.
Search the forum, there are several below invoice dealers out there. No need whatsoever to shop local.
$100 get's you affiliate pricing through the Tread Lightly membership program.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
$100 get's you affiliate pricing through the Tread Lightly membership program.
Edited my response. And yes TL does get you Affiliate Pricing. But as we know these dealers that are honoring it are also tacking on other discounts to get these Jeeps in the affordable range.

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Ruston G. Reynolds

Elite Automotive Professional

Earnhardt Auto Centers

e: [email protected]

p: 480.797.3917

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
A $100 Tread Lightly membership will get you 7-8% off of Invoice. For me that was around $8000 below Invoice.
So I was nosey magoo and looked up your build, you got a $8k off msrp before taxes and fees? That's a steal if I've ever seen one for sure!

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So I was nosey magoo and looked up your build, you got a $8k off msrp before taxes and fees? That's a steal if I've ever seen one for sure!
Definitely before taxes, California is going to get their share. And all dealers have fees that we have to factor in, so I’m just speaking of MSRP to discounted price below invoice.
The best dealer fee I have seen from ALL of the below invoice dealers is Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine. He’s a straight up no BS at $85. Yes that’s correct, $85. But, since the ChiCom flu hit he is only doing 2% below invoice where prior to he was 4.5%.
Others range from $299 to $899, and some have other non-negotiable things they tack on. Just have to research them all and juggle your time and money to see what works out best for your individual situation.
For me I was going to go Gupton all the way, especially since I feel like I’ve earned the opportunity to do the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, but after being forced to resign at the end of January it just made sense to buy in Idaho and be a little closer to home. And only half a percentage point less discount, so no biggie.

Edit to add: obviously the higher your MSRP the more your discount will be. A Sport model versus a maxed out Rubicon or Mojave is going to be a bigger gap.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Definitely before taxes, California is going to get their share. And all dealers have fees that we have to factor in, so I’m just speaking of MSRP to discounted price below invoice.
The best dealer fee I have seen from ALL of the below invoice dealers is Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine. He’s a straight up no BS at $85. Yes that’s correct, $85. But, since the ChiCom flu hit he is only doing 2% below invoice where prior to he was 4.5%.
Others range from $299 to $899, and some have other non-negotiable things they tack on. Just have to research them all and juggle your time and money to see what works out best for your individual situation.
For me I was going to go Gupton all the way, especially since I feel like I’ve earned the opportunity to do the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, but after being forced to resign at the end of January it just made sense to buy in Idaho and be a little closer to home. And only half a percentage point less discount, so no biggie.

Edit to add: obviously the higher your MSRP the more your discount will be. A Sport model versus a maxed out Rubicon or Mojave is going to be a bigger gap.
Yeah my MSRP wit Kent is like just a hair over $58k and my discount off that was $6,600.. almost makes me wish I'd checked an extra couple of boxes, ha! Congrats on your JT.

OP
OP
JMT25JT

JMT25JT

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
pixeleight.org
Vehicle(s)
2011 Express Van, 22 Gobi Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Artist
1. Yes, but usually the high volume dealers that are out of state will give you a better deal than the Costco one.

2. I don’t live in phoenix, sorry. If you do some googling some folks have had success getting a discount at Chapman stores iirc. Do some more googling.

3. Is your credit in order, your job in order and do you have a down payment outside of the initial deposit? If you answer no to the first two maybe rethink financing a vehicle and if you said no to the 3rd think about saving a little more.

Hi, thanks for the good info.
I do not need to use the Costco discount. Only looking into my options for discounts.
Costco did lead me to Champan Jeep in Scottsdale where the sales rep is an actual Jeep guy which is refreshing. However do not believe I am being giving the best pricing.

the goal is to order Willys Gladiator in the gobi tan, manual transmission, with heritage tan seats, aux switch's, and tow package.

1k deposit (non refundable) for ordering
sounds like the delivery time will be about 3-6months.

Chapman does not seem they starting me at invoice pricing.
They are telling me I can not combine discounts.
Costco
Tradelightly(1%)
Friends and family(5%)
(I have all three of these)
Which is not cool.

based on my math the out door price should be $42,513.43
Though I am being quoted $44,613.87

understand that 2k difference may not seem like a lot to some. However it is a big deal to me.
Especially since I have a family of 6. As I keep saving up money, the pricing of either the JT or interest rates keep going up.

My credit is good(800)
I have great steady job, been at the company almost 9 years, and I am the only one that can do what I do there.
and as of Monday had 11.5k saved.
I was ready to order monday.
Since then we have had our house flooded from Hot water tank failure from the bottom.
Tank was in great shape. no rust, dents or issues.
The cost of repairs and the cleanup has eaten away at my down payment. (now 5k)
home insurance is covering some things, but the amount being repaid so far is not equal to the repairs already done. and the aftermath seems that it will be a process to repair our hardwood floors.

Waiting for 3-6 months is no problem for me to wait. As Do not need this Jeep. It is a total want. I get to work from home 2 days a week, and i bike 2 other days to the office. So only need to drive once a week to work, Which is when I take our family van(only vehicle though). So the Gladiator is more for me to adventure. And having the extra time to delivery to build that down payment back up.

so my dilemma now is gambling(1k down) on the order and trusting this home flooding repair goes as it should.

I am open to traveling out of state to order a Gladiator. It would be really fun to drive it back. however airfare is expensive so is the current fuel prices. So the savings on Jeep price would be offset of the travel. The lower cost of the Gladiator at a lower price would help with the interest rates over the long run for the financing of the remaining amount.

Most likely ill be waiting. Which will mean ill miss out on the Gobi color

(not a big fan of the other colors...Sarge green looks great during daylight... in shadow and night, its blah; sting Gray and Blue look nice, but will they age well; White tried and true...though every contractor has white),

and possibly my friends family discount as that last till Jan3.

Appreciate everyone's advice. Jeeps are no longer affordable for the everyman, especially those with single income families. So having as much info as possible is key to making the right decision.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi, thanks for the good info.
I do not need to use the Costco discount. Only looking into my options for discounts.
Costco did lead me to Champan Jeep in Scottsdale where the sales rep is an actual Jeep guy which is refreshing. However do not believe I am being giving the best pricing.

the goal is to order Willys Gladiator in the gobi tan, manual transmission, with heritage tan seats, aux switch's, and tow package.

1k deposit (non refundable) for ordering
sounds like the delivery time will be about 3-6months.

Chapman does not seem they starting me at invoice pricing.
They are telling me I can not combine discounts.
Costco
Tradelightly(1%)
Friends and family(5%)
(I have all three of these)
Which is not cool.

based on my math the out door price should be $42,513.43
Though I am being quoted $44,613.87

understand that 2k difference may not seem like a lot to some. However it is a big deal to me.
Especially since I have a family of 6. As I keep saving up money, the pricing of either the JT or interest rates keep going up.

My credit is good(800)
I have great steady job, been at the company almost 9 years, and I am the only one that can do what I do there.
and as of Monday had 11.5k saved.
I was ready to order monday.
Since then we have had our house flooded from Hot water tank failure from the bottom.
Tank was in great shape. no rust, dents or issues.
The cost of repairs and the cleanup has eaten away at my down payment. (now 5k)
home insurance is covering some things, but the amount being repaid so far is not equal to the repairs already done. and the aftermath seems that it will be a process to repair our hardwood floors.

Waiting for 3-6 months is no problem for me to wait. As Do not need this Jeep. It is a total want. I get to work from home 2 days a week, and i bike 2 other days to the office. So only need to drive once a week to work, Which is when I take our family van(only vehicle though). So the Gladiator is more for me to adventure. And having the extra time to delivery to build that down payment back up.

so my dilemma now is gambling(1k down) on the order and trusting this home flooding repair goes as it should.

I am open to traveling out of state to order a Gladiator. It would be really fun to drive it back. however airfare is expensive so is the current fuel prices. So the savings on Jeep price would be offset of the travel. The lower cost of the Gladiator at a lower price would help with the interest rates over the long run for the financing of the remaining amount.

Most likely ill be waiting. Which will mean ill miss out on the Gobi color

(not a big fan of the other colors...Sarge green looks great during daylight... in shadow and night, its blah; sting Gray and Blue look nice, but will they age well; White tried and true...though every contractor has white),

and possibly my friends family discount as that last till Jan3.

Appreciate everyone's advice. Jeeps are no longer affordable for the everyman, especially those with single income families. So having as much info as possible is key to making the right decision.
My advice is a BUS.
And a vasectomy!🤣
Sponsored