Water coming in Through Dash

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
So the truck has been through some really heavy rains storms over multiple days but just this past week. We had 2 days of heavy rain. Yesterday I had water dripping down into the floor mat from under the dash. Haven't seen this one before so just curious if others may have seen this in the JT. I did read on one of the Wrangler Forums about a possible tube under the hood that may be plugged and to check it. Supposedly is a drain tube ? Just figured I would throw this out in case someone may have come across this already in the Gladiator
Sponsored

Seymore76

First Name
Sey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2022 JL 4xe
Occupation
IT
Have not had it in a gladiator but did in a wrangler. The cowl drain had become clogged and the water backed up and drained into the passanger floorboard.

Sey.

sabinjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Altitude
Not in my Gladiator, but last year the passenger side carpet in my wife's Acura was soaked after a few days of rain.

Like Sey said above, that's exactly what it was. There's a drain tube in the cowl that can get clogged with debris/leaves/whatever and will back up and leak to the passenger cabin from behind the dash. Took it in for service and they blew it out with compressed air and never had another issue.

I'd bet that's your issue and something many cars have not exclusive to any particular brand or model.

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Yep, probably the cowl drain. As stated, not exclusive to just one brand/model. Crown Vics are notorious for it.
Sponsored