OP
OP
Adventure_JTRD

Adventure_JTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
I have the same exact problem with my 22 JTRD. It comes and goes. Weird vibration at stop lights, but it’s not the engine. It’s definitely the transmission.
It some times goes for days without doing it and then it do it once randomly and go away again.

And there is nothing else funky with the transmission, it goes through gears no problem and no slipping or anything.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Adventure_JTRD

Adventure_JTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Mine does this too, glad I'm not the only one. 22 S diesel, only happens in reverse and usually when cold. Feels like going over rumble strips on the highway slowly.
It does seem like I notice it more when cold. But have had it happened after driving for a bit too.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Don't know......but could it have something to do with your ESS system. Turn it off and see if it still does it.
I have to laugh every time I see something like that because it's like no one knows what ESS does and does NOT do or can NOT do. It stops an engine, and it restarts it. ZERO to do with running or operations when the engine is running.

Butch-R-Vols

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland 3.0 Diesel, 2011 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired
Glad I could make you laugh, Shadow Papa. Everyone needs to every now and then!!

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Sound like the torque converter coming out of full lock little bit of shudder as it unlocks, possibly driveline lash as things disengage. I would not worry, you have 100k for it to show up as an actual problem and it probably won’t ever show as a real problem.

Sponsored

stephhhanie

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I have '22 Rubicon diesel with 9k miles on it and just within the last couple of weeks i get a random vibration when the brake is pressed waiting at a light or backing out of the driveway. The RPM isn't bouncing but it feels like almost like a rough idle. However, as soon as i let go of the brake it goes away. Almost like when the brake is pressed it is wanting to move forward but it's not. I've been going to the same gas station since i bought it and the last couple of weeks. I did use some HotShot treatment earlier this month but it doesn't seem to be what has triggered it as it started slightly before i used it.

I saw the thread about the transmission slipping/bucking and the harness chaffing issue. But i don't believe it is related. And i haven't gotten any CEL or rough idle when putting around.

I have my first oil change scheduled for next week and was going to run it by the service manager. But i don't know if it will be able to replicate it since it is random.

Any thoughts?
Does your vibration sound like this?! I just posted a thread about this sound and I’m trying to get more information.

GoFastJTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Does your vibration sound like this?! I just posted a thread about this sound and I’m trying to get more information.
In my case there is no sound. You can just feel the vibration. But lately I haven’t felt it. It’s been a few weeks since it last happened.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
So mine did it again today. Full operating temps, warm start. In gear and shudders up till about 8 mph. Slow down to Bout 1mph, shudder is back. Neutral no shudder. Back in gear it shudders. Drove 20 minutes home and it wouldn't do it again.

GreatGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Security Technician
This has happened to mine a handful of times the last few weeks. Took it to the dealer they could not replicate and told me the truck is perfectly safe to drive.

Most recently happened this morning on the way to work. Initial drive no problems. Stop for gas after a quick 3 mile jaunt, and bam there it is. Drive, Reverse vibration and sound. Park and Neutral nothing. Goes away after highway driving for about 45 minutes.

My regular warranty is up already but still good on drivetrain. I’ll likely be dropping it back off so they can have a second look

GreatGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Security Technician
Here is an example of the noise/vibration mine is making. Conditions were as follows: Engine/transmission fully warmed up and in operating temps, t-case in 4lo, M1 gear, 1-2% throttle (just resting my foot on the throttle). You can hear as I put load on the transmission the noise starts and increases. Once the torque converter winds up it stops. Seems to me like it may be the torque converter or related bearing going bad. The transmission shifts each gear just fine and does not have any slipping.
Sponsored