Sponsored

What’s your cargo netting and cargo strap solution?

enrico_pallazzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler & 21 Mojave
Occupation
Opera singer, occasional umpire
What’s everyone using for securing various loads in the bed of their truck? I’m looking at different cargo netting and strap solutions on Amazon and figured there needs to be a thread for this. I rarely need netting to cover the whole bed, but normally pack out gear against back wall or sidewall.

I want to permanently store the nets and straps in the cab, so they need to be compact. Pictures and reviews would be awesome.
Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Paid about $40 for mine off realtruck.com. it has a strap that tightens and clips. I attached it to two D ring anchors I put in the bolt holes used for the trail rails.
Jeep Gladiator What’s your cargo netting and cargo strap solution? PXL_20210223_154716542

Jeep Gladiator What’s your cargo netting and cargo strap solution? PXL_20210223_154740937

I don't have it pulled tight in the picture, but it does well holding cargo. I always keep a few bungees in the bed as well.

OP
OP
enrico_pallazzo

enrico_pallazzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler & 21 Mojave
Occupation
Paid about $40 for mine off realtruck.com. it has a strap that tightens and clips. I attached it to two D ring anchors I put in the bolt holes used for the trail rails.
Jeep Gladiator What’s your cargo netting and cargo strap solution? PXL_20210223_154740937

I don't have it pulled tight in the picture, but it does well holding cargo. I always keep a few bungees in the bed as well.
Does that function like a bag? It looks like the bag of salt is inside the net, which is a cool idea, especially if that net folds closed or open to pull double duty.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Does that function like a bag? It looks like the bag of salt is inside the net, which is a cool idea, especially if that net folds closed or open to pull double duty.
Yep, opens like a bag and you pull a strap to tighten it and it hooks to itself. A few more pics for reference:
Jeep Gladiator What’s your cargo netting and cargo strap solution? PXL_20210223_165629367

Jeep Gladiator What’s your cargo netting and cargo strap solution? PXL_20210223_165716015

OP
OP
enrico_pallazzo

enrico_pallazzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler & 21 Mojave
Occupation
Is it stretchy?

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
No, this one is not really a stretchy material. Just loosen and tighten with the strap, but it will pretty much fill up that area before the wood slot fully loaded. I'd like something stretchy for the back panel so if you find something like that, be sure to post it.

OP
OP
enrico_pallazzo

enrico_pallazzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler & 21 Mojave
Occupation
No, this one is not really a stretchy material. Just loosen and tighten with the strap, but it will pretty much fill up that area before the wood slot fully loaded. I'd like something stretchy for the back panel so if you find something like that, be sure to post it.
Got it. I like that - the bag feature seems pretty sensible. I'm hoping to find the right size stretchy rectangular panel for the back, but expect I'll get a few different style systems to hold different things. Thanks.