Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Very interested the hitch. Will you ship to Ohio?
It's heavy so I don't know what shipping would cost - but I have tons of boxes and cardboard so boxing won't be an issue.
I did try to remove some material from the top mounting ears to clear the winch plate - then decided it was going to be fruitless. I'll file that back smooth and touch up the finish there. I didn't remove even 1/8" (and once mounted no one can see it unless they pull your bumper off, etc.)
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Bruiser Conversions out of Clearwater FL built this prototype Rollbar/Chase Rack for me. Finally got it installed today.

bar1.jpg

bar2.jpg

bar3.jpg
I like the clean look.
How is it installed/fastened/secured/attached? (*choose one)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Not so much what I personally did - more what I instigated and got to happen, tire change.
Yeah, they LOOK small but are the same diameter as the stock/original Overland Dueler tire, but they are 2/3-3/4 of the way between the Dueler and the Rubicon Falken tire in width.

They asked if I wanted the white letters out, or reversed to the inside. I figured what the heck, white letters out. I have no clue what Jeep people think of that silly muscle car thing but I actually sort of like it.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210518_145025_HDR

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210518_144805_HDR

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210518_144930_HDR

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210518_144950_HDR

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210518_145012_HDR

Last edited:

sl009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Not so much what I personally did - more what I instigated and got to happen, tire change.
Yeah, they LOOK small but are the same diameter as the stock/original Overland Dueler tire, but they are 2/3-3/4 of the way between the Dueler and the Rubicon Falken tire in width.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210518_145012_HDR

What tire size? They look good. Also, did you do anything to your suspension for the steel bumper?

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
It's heavy so I don't know what shipping would cost - but I have tons of boxes and cardboard so boxing won't be an issue.
I did try to remove some material from the top mounting ears to clear the winch plate - then decided it was going to be fruitless. I'll file that back smooth and touch up the finish there. I didn't remove even 1/8" (and once mounted no one can see it unless they pull your bumper off, etc.)
I looked it up. Draw-Tite 65079. The weight is 30 lb. The dimensions are 32x9x19.
My zip code is 43082, Westerville Oh.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What tire size? They look good. Also, did you do anything to your suspension for the steel bumper?
They are General Grabber A/TX in size 275/65R18
Of course the dealer filled them to 40 psi, and oddly, the ride home was smooth as silk. It was rainy so I couldn't compare on the sound or noise level, but the ride? Unless things change, it was great. (even slightly over-inflated by the dealer)

The stock Bridgestone Dueler tires are 255/70R18
So diameter-wise they are supposed to be the same. Width, they are a bit wider as shown below.

I put Rubicon springs, the lighter of the numbers used on the JTR front end, on the front of my truck, and 3/4" spacers.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] tires-2

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] tires

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I looked it up. Draw-Tite 65079. The weight is 30 lb. The dimensions are 32x9x19.
My zip code is 43082, Westerville Oh.
Why the heck didn't I think of that? Gosh, so simple to find the weight -I feel silly now.
I'll figure it out and let you know. (go ahead and send me a message as a reminder!)

Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Just hit 20k on the ODO and installed half of my Frontrunner RTT Quick Release bits that just came in. Camping trip in a month to test this new hardware.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_4067
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_4067
Interesting, does it have a locking mechanism to where you would need a key or what not? Would love to have this on my ikamper. I have the same rack as you.

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
Interesting, does it have a locking mechanism to where you would need a key or what not? Would love to have this on my ikamper. I have the same rack as you.
I saw they have one specifically for the iKamper. The sell cable locks like this but it's hardly going to stop someone with ill intent.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1621396662114

I'm not to concerned as the reason I purchased was to easily remove it when not in use.

That Rebel Offroad half-rack is stout! 0 complaints so far.

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer
I saw they have one specifically for the iKamper. The sell cable locks like this but it's hardly going to stop someone with ill intent.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1621396662114

I'm not to concerned as the reason I purchased was to easily remove it when not in use.

That Rebel Offroad half-rack is stout! 0 complaints so far.
Cool, have you attempted to mount the roof top tent?

Definitely agree with you on the Rebel Offroad half rack!

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
35s!

It's not a huge change, but it definitely looks like the size it should have come with.

Before:
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_1886

After:
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_1906
Sponsored