Sponsored

What should my first song be in my Gladiator. No I don’t want your recommendations (POLL)

What song should I listen to first??

• Total voters

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Slow Ride FOGHAT
I wore out my Foghat 8 track with that song. Played it over and over.

I know it's not a big guy's song and isn't acid rock and headbanging stuff most Jeep people like, but the latest Beatles release was impressive, IMO(and seems to fit today more than in the 60s or 70s)
(Now and Then)

Ronkers

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GATOR Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Ret
Yes, I just heard Now and Then tonight!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I just heard Now and Then tonight!
The melody is almost haunting, sort of like "Real Love" which was also finished after the death of Harrison. But because they had worked on both songs in the past (mid-90s), they could include Harrison's guitar work in both.
I think the story behind the song(s) is as great as the song - 4 guys who in the end really cared about each other like brothers and had a strong desire to help finish and get out there the work of a lost/murdered brother.
McCartney doesn't need or care about the money. (McCartney being the most wealthy pop/rock star alive)
Lennon wrote the lyrics and tunes behind both in the 70s so major credits should go to his estate.
The melodies, and the fact that they worked so very hard to extract Lennon's voice from the cassettes he made as demos in the 1970s. They had to separate voice from piano and so on, and them record new tracks for guitar and drums, mix in Harrison's guitar from the 90s sessions for the song, a technological marvel, and a labor of love is how I see it.

Sponsored

Ronkers

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GATOR Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Ret
The melody is almost haunting, sort of like "Real Love" which was also finished after the death of Harrison. But because they had worked on both songs in the past (mid-90s), they could include Harrison's guitar work in both.
I think the story behind the song(s) is as great as the song - 4 guys who in the end really cared about each other like brothers and had a strong desire to help finish and get out there the work of a lost/murdered brother.
McCartney doesn't need or care about the money. (McCartney being the most wealthy pop/rock star alive)
Lennon wrote the lyrics and tunes behind both in the 70s so major credits should go to his estate.
The melodies, and the fact that they worked so very hard to extract Lennon's voice from the cassettes he made as demos in the 1970s. They had to separate voice from piano and so on, and them record new tracks for guitar and drums, mix in Harrison's guitar from the 90s sessions for the song, a technological marvel, and a labor of love is how I see it.
agreed…great story