Sponsored

What sleeping pads to use with EDC topper?

Black_Widow_Overland

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/max tow, 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
What sleeping pads are you all using with your EDC topper? I'm not to big of a fan on inflating mattresses. (I have furry family members. Lol) Anyone have a memory foam pad in there topper? What's the thickest that can stay in the topper and still have it close up?
Sponsored

NotSo Bright White

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR DIESEL
Occupation
Retire Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
I have an Exped MegaMat Duo 10 Sleeping Pad. It fills the surface area of the EDC. I did buy a thin ridged plastic mat as a barrier so the mat didn’t lay on the cold aluminum and it also prevent moisture buildup.

I too am not a fan of inflatable mattress as my sleep number is 100. If not familiar with that system, it is as firm as they go!

I actually like sleeping in the camper. No, it isn’t my bed but it is very good for “roughing” it. I keep it inflated and there is room for the annex extensions when you unzip them for storage. I don’t think I could leave my extra large double sleeping bag on it and still close the camper as it needs some room for expansion on hot days.

Hope you love your EDC! I love mine!

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Memory foam is nasty in a truck... in cold temperatures it turns to concrete, takes forever for body heat to melt down into it, then you're stuck in an uncomfortable lumpy hole all night and if you roll over and touch the frozen foam, it sucks the life force out of you

Stick to plain old polyurethane foam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I've got a Hest dually wide for my camper
Sponsored