Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
Well, as usual, Crystal Beach GTW turned into a complete ****show. Just way too many side-by-sides, jacked up trucks, and kids that don't know how to hold their liquor or have a good time without getting sloppy drunk or fighting.

Meanwhile...down at Surfside Beach, it was a fantastic event. Absolutely none to very little of the above mentioned things happened down there. Everyone was chill and laid back and the organizers put on a great event, not to mention a heavy police presence that helped keep everything in check. The best part was that I would say it was about 90% Jeeps on the beach on Friday and Saturday. I'll definitely be going back to Surfside next year and staying away from all the drama a Crystal Beach.

OcGQgr6h.jpg

1NKwp02h.jpg
Good to hear about Surfside! Sounds like Crystal Beach was as expected.

South Padre was incredible on Friday. Not a huge crowd, maybe 100 Jeeps and everyone was super friendly!

Saturday started out really good too... probably 300 rigs out there with plenty more on the way and a pretty serious storm rolled in. Most people rode it out for as long as they could and then the wind shifted 180 degrees and picked up to about 40 mph and the temp dropped like 20 degrees immediately (a front had obviously rolled in) and everyone made a break for it! The sun was back out and the weather was great a few hours later but the crown never re-appeared.

We actually ended up camping on the beach Saturday night.

All in all a good weekend. Would definitely go back!
Sponsored

Guntar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK RHD (wife's mail vehicle) 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
N/a
Nice pictures folks. I live in wintrey Vermont. Nice to see a beach full of Jeeps. It brings back memories.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I went with 85 other MOJO (Mid Ohio Jeepers Organization) to Toledo to get our Jeeps photographed next to the giant JEEP sign at the factory. It was a brisk morning driving 75 mph with no top or doors, but it warmed up nicely in the afternoon.
Sponsored