Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
Decided we needed to finally go put some scratches on the Gladiator. It was looking like WAY too much of a mall crawler!

Went to Wolf Caves Offroad Park in Mason, TX.

First off, Mason is such a cool little town. Super laid back. Couple of wine tasting rooms, good barbecue, Jeeps everywhere. We already booked another trip in January for the Polar Plunge weekend.

Jeep Gladiator Wolf Caves Offroad Park - Mason, TX Resized_Screenshot_20210903-171247_Gallery(1)

As far as the offroad park goes... holy cow, I didn't know this kind of rock existed in TX! It's all SUPER grippy red granite. I kept saying that it looks like Moab with a bit more foliage.

Jeep Gladiator Wolf Caves Offroad Park - Mason, TX 20210904_111906_resized

Jeep Gladiator Wolf Caves Offroad Park - Mason, TX 20210904_123105_resized

Wheeling was great too. Gladiator did very well. The long wheel base wasn't much of an issue as long as you aren't afraid to use your sliders. Had to use them to rotate around rocks a few times on tight turns. Only had to break out the winch once and it was completely my fault, wasn't paying attention and got turtled up on a rock that if I was a foot further to the right, would have had no issues.

Jeep Gladiator Wolf Caves Offroad Park - Mason, TX 20210904_105839

Jeep Gladiator Wolf Caves Offroad Park - Mason, TX 20210904_110921

Beadlock rings and sliders definitely got a good workout... ended up with trail rash on both bumpers, both sliders and all 4 whels! Haha!

Jeep Gladiator Wolf Caves Offroad Park - Mason, TX 20210904_124230_resized

All in all, great weekend. Great people. Great weekend. Can't wait to get back. Also, don't let the long wheelbase haters dissuade you. These things are VERY capable in the rocks. Your initial approach may need to be a bit different and you certainly will need to put your rock sliders to use but they are damn good!

Jeep Gladiator Wolf Caves Offroad Park - Mason, TX 20210904_113957_resized

Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Good report. Did this place used to be called Katemcy Rocks?

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link