First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Just got home from my Yellowstone Trip, was a blast. Never been before and was one of those bucket list items. This was an RV trip from Boise ID to Yellowstone stone, Jackson Hole, then home via Craters of the Moon.

1200 miles from last Friday to today. 950 of it towing 6k. Out west high of 102, topped out altitude towing of apx 8500 ft 10% grade was the worst. Not one power plant issue, or Jeep issue at all.

Truck stuff, see my build link; 2021 Max Tow (Is there another type?). Spacer front and rear, 34” tires. I added black Summo springs to the rear the day I left; very happy I did. In the short trips I hauled the trailer with out them (Pick up, back and forth from the scales, and to storage), seemed "bouncy" not horrible but something noticeable. Summo springs literally took 7 min to install both. With them in the rear really felt planted.

Truck overall, I've not had one issue. None, been perfect. I now have 10k miles on it.

Set up: Jeep Max Tow (any one counting how many times I can slip this in here?), Curt Echo controller, new 2023 Mirage Hardcore 16' Toy Hauler.

Curt; perfect, not one issue, the Blue Tooth connection was seamless, I keep the phone mounted to the driver grab handle with maps and music running in the back ground to the Jeep via the Uconnect. Whole thing was perfect. Never did I need the button, only to test in the am to make sure the breaks worked then on the road. I've never actually needed the oh-sugar button towing anything.

Trailer, was new, literally the Friday before leaving I got it. Was a custom build and they were a couple months late on delivery. I have a warranty list, mostly minor stuff. I wanted a toy hauler for my bikes and atv's (none on this trip), 2 beds, I had an extra tank added so I can carry 80 gal of water (40 gray, 40 black), with a full bath. Oh and I wanted the thing to be under 18' and under 6500 pounds loaded. Took me a while to find that.

I was under all axle weights, under Gcvwr by 1500ish lbs, under tow rating by 1700 pounds right at the hitch weight at 740. Truck was under Gvwr by a tiny bit. Nothing in the bed, that’s what a TH is for!

So loaded heavy but not over loaded at all. Over all Trailer fit my needs and wants perfectly! I still have some set up to do, rear screen door, bungee netting above the cabs for bedding, mounting broom handles and fixing the few warranty items. But over all super happy.

Towing; Truck was planted, balanced and towed great. I would have liked to crank down the WDH to put a little more on the front but got it as tight as I felt good with. As you can see by the scale I ended up light on the front by 100 pounds over no trailer. With the V nose on my trailer I have a real short space to work with on the hitch. Anderson said I could cut two links off the chain which I had to do to make it all fit, but I think the loss of that leverage caused me to loose some on the adjustment. Over all thing was great! Tracked fabulously, braked well, no real bouncy or waggles, worst spot was an off camber turn with front heave and pit holes coming down hill at 60 mph; not even an issue. Very impressed over all.

Power: I do run a supercharger, you can see my post in the forced induction section.

Trip! Camped at Bridge Bay Campground, great spot, got a nice slot in the very back wooded area of the camp ground. We drove all of the "Loops" of yellow stone, came in the West entrance, drove to the East entrance and left via the South. The N and NE were closed due to road damage from the flooding. We saw all the major items, and stopped at the little stuff all over, small hikes and walks.

Highlights, of course Old Faithful (the cafeteria food for lunch was really good here). Yellowstone Falls were amazing, probably the high light. So many cool side trails, the Black Dragon Cauldron was great, running joke with my Daughter who didn't believe thee was a Dragon in Yellowstone. Why else would there be a spot named for one if there wasn't one? Am I right? Lots of wild life, Elk (in the camp ground), Bison including one that didn't use his turn signals, a very ferocious rock chuck, a Coyote swimming across Yellowstone river. No Bears.

Traffic was fairly light, one thing I read was visitors were done 40% due to the flooding. Can't say I minded, was busy but not overflowing. Weather, rained on us Saturday Night, but the rest of the trip was perfection at 75-80 blue sky's.

Food! We took a Blackstone Grill/griddle and a small Traeger, we ate great. In Jackson Hole we had dinner at Double Barrel Restaurant, OMG good, the Elk Chops were to die for.

Pictures in no real order.

Truck and camper in Jackson Hole camp ground.

Jeep Gladiator Yellowstone! IMG_6755[23214].PNG

Glam shot of the rig.

Jeep Gladiator Yellowstone! IMG_6785[23188]

Truck scale and truck and trailer scale once loaded.

Jeep Gladiator Yellowstone! IMG_6364[23200]
Sponsored

Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
Looks like fun! Glad y’all had a great time and no issues

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Just got home from my Yellowstone Trip, was a blast. Never been before and was one of those bucket list items. This was an RV trip from Boise ID to Yellowstone stone, Jackson Hole, then home via Craters of the Moon.

1200 miles from last Friday to today. 950 of it towing 6k. Out west high of 102, topped out altitude towing of apx 8500 ft 10% grade was the worst. Not one power plant issue, or Jeep issue at all.

Truck stuff, see my build link; 2021 Max Tow (Is there another type?). Spacer front and rear, 34” tires. I added black Summo springs to the rear the day I left; very happy I did. In the short trips I hauled the trailer with out them (Pick up, back and forth from the scales, and to storage), seemed "bouncy" not horrible but something noticeable. Summo springs literally took 7 min to install both. With them in the rear really felt planted.

Truck overall, I've not had one issue. None, been perfect. I now have 10k miles on it.

Set up: Jeep Max Tow (any one counting how many times I can slip this in here?), Curt Echo controller, new 2023 Mirage Hardcore 16' Toy Hauler.

Curt; perfect, not one issue, the Blue Tooth connection was seamless, I keep the phone mounted to the driver grab handle with maps and music running in the back ground to the Jeep via the Uconnect. Whole thing was perfect. Never did I need the button, only to test in the am to make sure the breaks worked then on the road. I've never actually needed the oh-sugar button towing anything.

Trailer, was new, literally the Friday before leaving I got it. Was a custom build and they were a couple months late on delivery. I have a warranty list, mostly minor stuff. I wanted a toy hauler for my bikes and atv's (none on this trip), 2 beds, I had an extra tank added so I can carry 80 gal of water (40 gray, 40 black), with a full bath. Oh and I wanted the thing to be under 18' and under 6500 pounds loaded. Took me a while to find that.

I was under all axle weights, under Gcvwr by 1500ish lbs, under tow rating by 1700 pounds right at the hitch weight at 740. Truck was under Gvwr by a tiny bit. Nothing in the bed, that’s what a TH is for!

So loaded heavy but not over loaded at all. Over all Trailer fit my needs and wants perfectly! I still have some set up to do, rear screen door, bungee netting above the cabs for bedding, mounting broom handles and fixing the few warranty items. But over all super happy.

Towing; Truck was planted, balanced and towed great. I would have liked to crank down the WDH to put a little more on the front but got it as tight as I felt good with. As you can see by the scale I ended up light on the front by 100 pounds over no trailer. With the V nose on my trailer I have a real short space to work with on the hitch. Anderson said I could cut two links off the chain which I had to do to make it all fit, but I think the loss of that leverage caused me to loose some on the adjustment. Over all thing was great! Tracked fabulously, braked well, no real bouncy or waggles, worst spot was an off camber turn with front heave and pit holes coming down hill at 60 mph; not even an issue. Very impressed over all.

Power: I do run a supercharger, you can see my post in the forced induction section.

Trip! Camped at Bridge Bay Campground, great spot, got a nice slot in the very back wooded area of the camp ground. We drove all of the "Loops" of yellow stone, came in the West entrance, drove to the East entrance and left via the South. The N and NE were closed due to road damage from the flooding. We saw all the major items, and stopped at the little stuff all over, small hikes and walks.

Highlights, of course Old Faithful (the cafeteria food for lunch was really good here). Yellowstone Falls were amazing, probably the high light. So many cool side trails, the Black Dragon Cauldron was great, running joke with my Daughter who didn't believe thee was a Dragon in Yellowstone. Why else would there be a spot named for one if there wasn't one? Am I right? Lots of wild life, Elk (in the camp ground), Bison including one that didn't use his turn signals, a very ferocious rock chuck, a Coyote swimming across Yellowstone river. No Bears.

Traffic was fairly light, one thing I read was visitors were done 40% due to the flooding. Can't say I minded, was busy but not overflowing. Weather, rained on us Saturday Night, but the rest of the trip was perfection at 75-80 blue sky's.

Food! We took a Blackstone Grill/griddle and a small Traeger, we ate great. In Jackson Hole we had dinner at Double Barrel Restaurant, OMG good, the Elk Chops were to die for.

Pictures in no real order.

Truck and camper in Jackson Hole camp ground.

Jeep Gladiator Yellowstone! IMG_6693[23212]

Glam shot of the rig.

Truck scale and truck and trailer scale once loaded.

Cool images. It's hard to beat our oldest National Park. We stayed just over the state line in Montana, and there was a great restaurant called "Bullwinkles" that had great food and great regional beers like Moose Drool.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Cool images. It's hard to beat our oldest National Park. We stayed just over the state line in Montana, and there was a great restaurant called "Bullwinkles" that had great food and great regional beers like Moose Drool.
Love love love Moose Drool!