Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition Announced - Preorder on April 4 Only

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
did you happen to take picture of the grey color in person? I want dark grey but they dont have them out here yet, I feelgrey doesnt show scratches that much, black will be really bad
Here's Granite Crystal, Billet Silver, and Sting Gray all next to each other in broad daylight. I think Gray is going to show more scratches than Silver just because it's darker and the flat finish leaves less texture to hide imperfections.

ECB226C7-9178-4643-AEFB-539E31B5A1D0.jpeg
Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Here's Granite Crystal, Billet Silver, and Sting Gray all next to each other in broad daylight. I think Gray is going to show more scratches than Silver just because it's darker and the flat finish leaves less texture to hide imperfections.

Did you feel like the granite had like a purple-ish brown undertone in the sun light?

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am

This is great! You should post this pic to each of the three color pages. Very helpful!

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you feel like the granite had like a purple-ish brown undertone in the sun light?
I expected to find that since on my computer at home it looks that way but it really just looked like a very dark charcoal gray with a lot of metallic sparkles in it. I think it's gorgeous. Won't be my choice because I've spent the last 8 years with a perpetually dirty JK and I don't want something that dark, but it's very sharp.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Anyone else notice these glaring contest rule issues? So, we can pre-order 4/3 for the new 2019 Gladiator? Maybe order banks open 4/3?

ABBREVIATED RULES – These abbreviated rules are subject to the complete rules available at www.JeepFindYourFreedom.com. Contest begins 9:00 AM ET 4/3/19 and ends 11:59 PM ET 4/30/19. To enter visit www.JeepFindYourFreedom.com to complete the entry form and upload a :60 - :75 video conveying your personal Gladiator story explaining how you would spend a year off from work. Open to U.S. residents age 18 years of age or older and have reached the age of majority in their state as of date of entry and pre-order a 2019 Jeep® Gladiator from an authorized Jeep® dealer on 4/3 or 4/4/19 during official vehicle pre-sale. Contest is void in AZ, CO, MD, NE, VT, ND and PR. Prize: 1 Grand Prizes: $100,000. SPONSOR: FCA US LLC.

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

I have a silver Grand Cherokee. It does hide some scratches, as long as they aren't deep.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else notice these glaring contest rule issues? So, we can pre-order 4/3 for the new 2019 Gladiator? Maybe order banks open 4/3?

ABBREVIATED RULES – These abbreviated rules are subject to the complete rules available at www.JeepFindYourFreedom.com. Contest begins 9:00 AM ET 4/3/19 and ends 11:59 PM ET 4/30/19. To enter visit www.JeepFindYourFreedom.com to complete the entry form and upload a :60 - :75 video conveying your personal Gladiator story explaining how you would spend a year off from work. Open to U.S. residents age 18 years of age or older and have reached the age of majority in their state as of date of entry and pre-order a 2019 Jeep® Gladiator from an authorized Jeep® dealer on 4/3 or 4/4/19 during official vehicle pre-sale. Contest is void in AZ, CO, MD, NE, VT, ND and PR. Prize: 1 Grand Prizes: $100,000. SPONSOR: FCA US LLC.
Didn't realize certain States are excluded. That's lame.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I wonder if 4/3 is just there because of time zone differences? I don’t even know.

Also, I thought it was a 2020 Jeep Gladiator...

It’s also calling that period pre-sale... so clearly regular ordering will start at some point after 4/3-4/4

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I wonder if 4/3 is just there because of time zone differences? I don’t even know.

Also, I thought it was a 2020 Jeep Gladiator...
That's my point, the contest marketing folks don't even know the model year. On a FB group someone said they got an e-mail from Jeep that said they can order the launch edition on 4/3.

Sponsored

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite JTLE Ordered, switched to the dark(er) side: Black JTLE
That's my point, the contest marketing folks don't even know the model year. On a FB group someone said they got an e-mail from Jeep that said they can order the launch edition on 4/3.
Just got that email about 3 hours ago.

Jeep Gladiator Early Order.JPG

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
I got the same email ... believe it is because I signed up on Jeep.com for more info once Jeep announced the Gladiator. $62k is too rich for my blood, and I have no interest in an automatic or hard top. Not to mention, the contest is void in the great state of Colorado.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
OK, maybe my math is way off, but something doesn't add up. (I'm sure there will be more info Monday that may help fill in the blanks):

From these articles (https://www.slashgear.com/2020-jeep...ity-epa-fuel-economy-launch-edition-29571474/ & https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...Ca0Ky1tjdRaALOsOy9y93s8j1eoOkZL5dxk47hKUkgt7M), Launch Edition will be $60,815 MSRP. This seems to indicate that the automatic transmission is an option (i.e. not included in that price), though it does mention 7k towing which would require the automatic transmission.

This notes it is a "loaded" Rubicon, but doesn't list several options (no tonneau cover, no cold weather package, no brake controller, no Bluetooth speaker, no aux switch group, no steel bumper, no dual top group, no hard top headliner, no all weather floor mats,...)

JT Rubicon: $43,545
ALX9 Black Leather Seats: $1495 (JL price)
HT3 Body Colored Hard Top: $2195 (JL price)
MM3 Body Colored Fenders: $495 (JL price)
AD6 LED head & tail lights: $995 (JL price)
AEK 8.4"/Audio: $1595 (JL price)
GXD Keyless Entry: $495 (JL price)
XNY TrailCam: $595
AJ1 Active Safety (park assist, blind spot): $895 (JL price)
ALP Advanced Safety (adaptive cruise, brake assist, collision warning): $795 (JL price)
CMD Trail Rail Management System: $895
XNF Spray-in Bed Liner: $250
ABR Trailer Tow: $250

That adds up to $54,495. Even if you include destination ($1495) and auto transmission ($2000), that's still only $57,990.

Where's the other $2,825? Maybe wheels (JL upgrade wheels are $995) or dash? Other options included that aren't listed? Or just sticking it to people for the "honor" of being a "launch" customer...

If you throw in every option (even those not listed), short of the dual top group, maybe it does add up.

Unless things add up, it's looking like I'll wait to do a custom order with a truly loaded Rubicon in Gobi.
So with the options listed on the launch edition site, and pricing now available at jeep.com, it looks like there is a "premium" of $645 MSRP for the launch edition (wheels & dash & badge?) over a JTR with same options.

That puts invoice (w/o destination) at around $56,852 (95.3% less on base JTR, 89% less on options).

7% under puts it at $52,872 + $100 tread lightly + $299 processing fee (for Peterson in Boise) + destination = ~$54,766, assuming they honor the discounts on the launch edition.

Last edited:

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Language is always what gets us in trouble. I don't understand why they can't use the same language all around... note this from jeep.com regarding the Launch Edition:

"it is equipped with nearly every package and feature available"

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Just got that email about 3 hours ago.

Jeep Gladiator Early Order.JPG
Hmmm...I've been on their e-mail list since the JT was listed on jeep.com but nothing yet...
Sponsored