Sponsored

2020 Jeep Gladiator (JT) Canadian Order Guide

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
We wont see any Sport models here. Only the Sport S, Overland and Rubicon. What I was asking though was if they were just called Sport models here in Canada rather than Sport S since we only have 3 options.
Effectively. Our only Canadian "entry level" is equipped as the US Sport S.

But we are confused with the name of this model:

1) it’s "Sport S" on the Jeep.ca website;

2) but it’s "Sport" in the Canadian order guide!!!
Sponsored

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like they are all actually called Sport models but in Canada we have not option but having a "S". In the states you can have a Sport "B" lol or Sport "S".
I think you are resolving the mystery...

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
We wont see any Sport models here. Only the Sport S, Overland and Rubicon. What I was asking though was if they were just called Sport models here in Canada rather than Sport S since we only have 3 options.

I looked into it though they are definitely called Sport S still here in Canada even without a lower model available.

Personally in every day life I will not be calling them Sport S models. I will just call them Sport models. Online here though I will try to call them by their proper Sport and Sport S from now on since you do have 4 models.

I do appreciate you reminding me that there is a big difference and I should be more careful when posting.
Hey Igan nothing to be careful about. It’s all good pal. Jeep made them one way for the American market and a slightly different way for the Canadian market. Now we know of the subtle differences.

fixbroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting this!

My Rubicon build in USA: $48,456 invoice. Same build in Canada, converted to USD: $40,447.

Most options are much cheaper than in the USA, but there are some distinct oddities in Canadian builds:
  • MT tires cost extra on Rubicon
  • Leather seats cost half what they do in USA
  • Extra charge for some paint colors
Speaking of paint, did anyone else notice the color choices have been limited for Canada? Only Billet Silver, Black, Bright White, Firecracker Red, Granite Crystal, Hydro Blue, and Sting Grey. No Gobi or Gator! Dunno if others are missing, but Gobi or Gator were my choices.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Igan

Igan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Rubicon
Thanks for posting this!
No problem. I was going to refer you to a post from awhile back regarding buying in Canada and importing into the USA but turns out it was your own post.

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
SmartSelect_20190523-155705_Gmail.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for posting this!

My Rubicon build in USA: $48,456 invoice. Same build in Canada, converted to USD: $40,447.

Most options are much cheaper than in the USA, but there are some distinct oddities in Canadian builds:
  • MT tires cost extra on Rubicon
  • Leather seats cost half what they do in USA
  • Extra charge for some paint colors
Speaking of paint, did anyone else notice the color choices have been limited for Canada? Only Billet Silver, Black, Bright White, Firecracker Red, Granite Crystal, Hydro Blue, and Sting Grey. No Gobi or Gator! Dunno if others are missing, but Gobi or Gator were my choices.
I saw this as well because I'm desperately trying to choose a colour to order my manual Rubi here in Victoria. I've spoken with 3 dealerships and none of them will take my money because I want gator, sting grey, or gobi... so I guess Sting-Grey it is?

011Crmn

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator
I was also concerned about the colour choices that were showing as available. I emailed Jeep Canada and I received this reply.

Thank you for emailing us at FCA Canada Customer Care; and for your interest in the 2020 Jeep Gladiator!

Both colours Gator and Gobi will be late availability in Canada as well, at that point it will added onto the build and price area.

Regrettably we are not currently aware of when they will be available. I would recommend staying in touch with your dealership regarding this.

Beaker17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Is there an updated Canadian order guide available? I’m looking at possibly putting an order together to replace my JK