Sponsored

North Carolina

• Thread starter Deleted member 23202
  • Start date
  • Watchers 67

Deleted member 23202

Just thought it might be useful to narrow it down.
Looking for locals. I’m in the West-of-central NC area.
Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Raleigh is home for me.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
If any of the North Carolina guys are interested in getting their Gladiators off-road PM me. We do regular trips to Uwharrie and get out to other trails as well. I can put y’all on the list to notify when we go out.

We had a big group of Jeeps at Uwharrie yesterday and a couple of guys are going out today. There’s a trip almost every weekend.

All skill levels and vehicles. Several of us have stock or mostly stock vehicles and we have a lot of first-timers as well as some real experienced off-roaders.

I know a lot of us are curious what a Gladiator will do on the trails!

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
If any of the North Carolina guys are interested in getting their Gladiators off-road PM me. We do regular trips to Uwharrie and get out to other trails as well. I can put y’all on the list to notify when we go out.

We had a big group of Jeeps at Uwharrie yesterday and a couple of guys are going out today. There’s a trip almost every weekend.

All skill levels and vehicles. Several of us have stock or mostly stock vehicles and we have a lot of first-timers as well as some real experienced off-roaders.

Count me in. I know little about off-roading in groups and my skill is on the lower end. I did manage to get to the back of the “blue hole” in Kauai with my rental Jeep and all the locals were impressed. I want to see what she can do (when I get her). Also want to convince my wife she needs a lift and new shoes.

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator

I'll definitely want to be counted in once I get my hands on one... moving back to the Charlotte area in December and trying to line my gladiator order up with a December delivery. Used to frequent Tellico back in 03-05 but have only been to Uwharrie a couple times. Would love to try it again! Consider myself a beginner at best now.

Sponsored

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Hey All! We are in Wake Forest and would enjoy getting together as frequently as we can. We have a 3.5 and 6 month old so it requires some coordination with the grandparents. Count us in! As well, we are way cautious with all of our Jeeps, so I think we'd like to start easy and ease into the moderate trails. I drove the JT on grass over the weekend and that was off-roading for us! ;)

I just don't want to scratch her yet!!

IMG-1491.JPG
IMG-1493.JPG
IMG-1495.JPG

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey All! We are in Wake Forest and would enjoy getting together as frequently as we can. We have a 3.5 and 6 month old so it requires some coordination with the grandparents. Count us in! As well, we are way cautious with all of our Jeeps, so I think we'd like to start easy and ease into the moderate trails. I drove the JT on grass over the weekend and that was off-roading for us! ;)

I just don't want to scratch her yet!!

IMG-1491.JPG
IMG-1493.JPG
IMG-1495.JPG
Welcome. That is a great looking truck! I am thinking about two trips that may happen this year that will be very easy on the vehicles. One is to the beach and the other is to Peters Mill Run in Virginia. I will let you know or you can PM me to be added to the text group.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Chrysler Pacifica
Chapel Hill area here, hoping to have a Gladiator in the driveway sometime in September (G status as of yesterday). Would love to go out on some easier trails once it’s here, as this is my first Jeep. Sounds like Hawkeyes and I have a similar definition of off-roading! :CWL:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have a group going to Hurricane Creek Road over Labor Day weekend. Some are camping on the trail on Friday night and some ust meeting Saturday morning to run the trail.

It is a pretty ride and not very difficult. If anyone is interested let me know.

CarolinaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Black Rubicon, 2013 2SS/RS Convertible Camaro
Charlotte NC here with my new JT Rubicon that I got this past weekend. Looking forward to doing some off-roading with her to see what she can do. Hurricane Creek Rd. sounds interesting but I'll need to clear it with my wife :) She did let me get the Gladiator after all....

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple of folks are hitting Uwharrie on Sunday around 1pm. If anyone is interested let me know. Or you can find mgroeger on the JL board.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charlotte NC here with my new JT Rubicon that I got this past weekend. Looking forward to doing some off-roading with her to see what she can do. Hurricane Creek Rd. sounds interesting but I'll need to clear it with my wife :) She did let me get the Gladiator after all....
Just let me know. We'd love to have a Gladiator on the trip!

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
Welcome. That is a great looking truck! I am thinking about two trips that may happen this year that will be very easy on the vehicles. One is to the beach and the other is to Peters Mill Run in Virginia. I will let you know or you can PM me to be added to the text group.
I'm in Maryland and would be interested in the Peters Mill Run trip. Just a stock Rubicon for me.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Maryland and would be interested in the Peters Mill Run trip. Just a stock Rubicon for me.
Still looking at getting that one planned. Trying to get Labor Day lined up first As soon as I know I will post.

Scouser

First Name
Devlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator ordered 9/21/19, Delivered 11/15/19
Occupation
Props, Costumes and lots of paperwork
Hi everybody! I'm in Durham, but I just say RDU area since it's the part where Durham, Raleigh and Mooresville all meet up. I have not ordered my Gladiator yet, waiting for Gator (maybe Gobi) so doubt I will be able to do anything till November at the earliest. But would love to take some trips if I have a free weekend.

I am still tossing and turning at night because I want a Rubi, but I keep going back to the S, max tow and just add to it as I have funds or need to. Which may be best plan since I won't be doing heavy off-road any time soon. It is going to be my daily driver so I need to keep it in good shape. Guess either way, I would be good with less aggressive trails, especially as I re-learn. I haven't been off-road in many years.

On a slightly different note, if the trails are easy enough, my wife would LOVE to bring her Renegade Trailhawk on some runs. It's stock now, but would like to get it lifted a little and some different tires in the future.
Sponsored