North Carolina

1. ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
    Liked:
    I would love to see a Renegade on the trails! I am finding that a lot of folks are nervous about going off-road so i am looking for some easier trails to ease folks in. I’m not very experienced and my JLU Sport isn’t lifted and i have found that there is a lot i can do no problem.

Scouser likes this.
  2. Scouser

Scouser Member

First Name:
    Devlin
    Vehicle(s):
    18 Jeep Grand Cherokee BUT Gator Gladiator ordered 9/21/19
    Liked:
    Fed. Government & Melicore Studios
    I was about floored when we were looking for a car for my wife. She wanted the brightest green possible... ok, no problem, hyper green maybe? She likes smaller cars. Then she said she would like to try off-roading. I had to ask her to repeat herself. She said she always rode with me, she would like to try it. So I started looking for a trailhawk as quick as I could. I never thought I would hear that. lol Luckily there was one available and she loves it. So we are going to see what we can do with it to be more prepared for off-road. It has been a little bit of a challenge but this is her first Jeep and she is very excited. She got a Jeep wave a few weeks back and she had to come home and tell me all about it. Then she asked about Jeep Jamboree. I hated to tell her they have not done those in years as far as I know. Glad she is excited about the Jeep and being part of the Jeep community.

3. Jeepers!

Jeepers! Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle(s):
    Future Gladiator Rubicon. Past Jeeps: 1995 YJ; 1985 Grand Wagoneer.
    Liked:
    There's a Jeep Jamboree in Uwharrie in October! I think it's sold out though...

Scouser and ThirtyOne like this.
  4. Scouser

Scouser Member

First Name:
    Devlin
    Vehicle(s):
    18 Jeep Grand Cherokee BUT Gator Gladiator ordered 9/21/19
    Liked:
    Fed. Government & Melicore Studios
    I just looked that up. Didn't know they had them still since I have not had a Wrangler in some time. She did say Jeep Jamboree, but after I looked those up, I remembered it was Camp Jeep we went to every year till they stopped it the year all the car companies ran into financial trouble. We really enjoyed those a lot. Loved picking our trails and being able to sign up for different classes and round table discussions. I think I still have a bag full of antenna balls from the last one. Would love to see that again.

5. jhale1800

jhale1800 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    James
    Vehicle(s):
    Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
    Liked:
    I'll be in Charlotte Labor Day weekend for the Carolina vs. Chapel Hill game. I'm thinking about hitting up Uwharrie while I'm over there. Anybody else going to be around? Think I can tackle Dickey Bell Trail with a fairly stock Overland? I have the optional anti-spin differential, and a recovery kit.

6. ThirtyOne

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    We are going up and hitting Hurricane Creek over Labor Day weekend. But I’ll check around and see if anyone will be around for Uwharrie.

Haven’t seen a Gladiator on Dickey Bell yet. There is one spot you can definitely get high-centered if you are not careful. And a spot that you will have to be spotted carefully or you are going to bang up that long bed. I would take it so you go down the Rock Garden (east to west) and strongly consider taking the bypass. The rest you shouldn’t have trouble with.

We’ve take a stock Sahara JLU down the rock garden, but the Gladiator may have a little tougher time.

jhale1800 likes this.
  7. jhale1800

First Name:
    James
    Vehicle(s):
    Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
    Liked:
    Most of the videos I've seen of the Rock Garden are going up, so I didn't know you could go down. That's good to know. That is probably the only spot I've seen on the trail that makes me really nervous.

8. bhbdvm

bhbdvm Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ram 1500
    Liked:
    Don't have my Gladiator yet. Waynesville, NC

9. ThirtyOne

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    I've only run it down. Gonna run it up next time. Feel like down is definitely easier.

jhale1800 likes this.
  10. ThirtyOne

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Bunch of guys going to Uwharrie Saturday at 10am. I can’t make it, but let me know if anyone is interested and i can get you details.

11. ThirtyOne

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    You should check on the North Carolina thread in the JL Wrangler forum. Sounds like there may be some interest in hitting UWharrie on Sunday over Labor Day weekend. What day were you thinking of going?

jhale1800 likes this.
  12. jhale1800

First Name:
    James
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    I was thinking either Friday or Sunday. Saturday I'll be tailgating and going to the football game. I'll take a look at the JL forum, and hope they don't give me too much grief for having a JT. ;)
    Thanks for the heads up!

13. ThirtyOne

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Honestly we are all really excited to see a JT on the trail. Most of us are JT fans.

14. CarolinaGladiator

CarolinaGladiator Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Gladiator
    Liked:
    Just checking in from Trinity. I got my JT on 08/29 and haven't been able to stop smiling since. I haven't been to URE in a few years but the thought of taking my JT down in there makes me cringe. Maybe Wolf's Den.

15. bokonon

bokonon Member

First Name:
    Russ
    Vehicle(s):
    2010 JKU, 2020 JT
    Liked: